Monday, October 23, 2023

Vintage 1988 Happy Holidays Barbie

Vintage 1988 Happy Holidays (Christmas) Barbie- she arrived today! 

I had this doll and 1989 long ago, my mother purchased them for me each Christmas. I would have been 23 years old in 1988 and probably just displayed her in the box, but at some point, like the de-boxer I am, I took her and the next years doll out of their boxes to display near a tabletop tree, and probably put them back in their boxes for some reason. At some point the boxes and the dolls, were lost but I still have the gowns. Go figure. Who knew that the 80s would be vintage or antique?? lol. 

But I scored her at a great price- she was listed at 29.99 but her shipped was 11.00plus and I could not see whether or not she had her complete stand. She had her shoes, which was the most important item to me, and also- that cut out photo on the back of the box! I could piece together a stand if I had to. I made an offer of $24 and she was mine. Some sellers have her listed for $100!

She will need her elastic hairband replaced as it looks like it is dry-rotted, but I can do that on another day. I have been working on her on and off all afternoon with these photos. I had her stand but not the stand base- so I had to use Scarlett OHara's base which fit. These photos show her in the box, out of it and with her photo cut out of the back. I am now on my way to creating my Christmas Card photo draft for this year! 35 years of Happy Holidays Barbie! 

















 

No comments: