Sunday, October 22, 2023

Richmond Doll & Teddy Bear Show October 21st, 2023

I attended the Richmond Doll & Teddy Bear show yesterday, on October 21st, 2023. It was at a different venue instead of the Richmond Raceway Complex, where it is usually held. This year it was held at the American Legion Post 175, 8700 Bell Creek Road, Mechanicsville, Va. The show usually runs 9:30 am to 3:00 pm 

I arrived later than usual at about 9:45 am and my buddy Karon and her son Mike were already there. The place was packed and to say it was small was putting it mildly. The aisles were very small to walk through, customers were crammed and attempting to get by each other, and those that were physically challenged with walkers, wheelchairs were even more so. But the dealers had some great stuff! I purchased two Gene outfits from my usual dealer for great prices- $15 each, they were incomplete, missing shoes. I also purchased Caroling Fun Barbie for $5 from a fellow club member who is going to re-string my Madame Alexander dolls for me. 













 I purchased Home for the Holidays and Ransom in Red for my Gene dolls and the Doll Castle News I got for free when paying my entrance fee along with the doll auction news flyer. 

I did not take photos of the show 1- because the promoters of the show had a large sign of things you could not do , one of them being taking photos, amongst other things( which is stupid! since many people were taking photos!) 2- it was simply overwhelming just wading through the sea of people grabbing dolls, dolls behind you, in front of you , on all sides of you! 3- the room was the size of a small church fellowship hall, and crammed with dealers and customers and tables with shelves and dolls and other items. After an hour in there, both Karon and I had seen and purchased enough and needed fresh air as it was stuffy and overwhelmed the senses. 

Though I enjoyed the show, I was not able to go out to lunch with my doll friends- they felt the same way I did- overwhelmed of the sensory system and had other things to do. I continued my fun by stopping at two of my favorite thrift stores before going home. 

Have more dolly posts coming up soon! Lisa 


No comments: