Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day!













 Happy Valentine's Day! I spent yesterday taking down the ornaments off of the Christmas tree- and turning it into my 'Valentine's Day tree' ...

Please follow my new Pinterest board - Seasonal Tree Ideas 

This has been an idea I have always wanted to do when I saw on a Christmas Facebook page, this idea- and I do not know who the lady is, but she had a montage of photos of different ways to decorate a tree throughout the year- photos below-








I saved the photos and even shared it to my FB page so I could refer back to it, I thought it was so creative. I like how she dressed to match the trees and even put artwork on the walls and matched the tree skirt and items below the tree too. I know everyone cannot do this, but alot of the items she used to decorate the tree are nothing more than Dollar Tree and craft store items- I found many of them at my local dollar store, including the flowers and garlands. 

For my tree, it cost as little as $20 to buy decorations for two holidays- Valentine's day and St. Patrick's day. I could have purchased Easter as well, but I wanted to wait for more interesting items and I want to hang eggs all over the tree on Easter, along with bunnies. I will also be switching out to a white tree with colored lights for the rest of the year, as I used my smaller green tree, out of necessity- I fully intended to use my white tree but time and weather- it snowed and did not allow me to get the trees switched out! lol. 

I also set up a small child's tea table and covered it with a red velvet remnant I had and set up some of my pink clad dolls on it, with a pink teddy bear to complete the cuteness factor. When decorating for a holiday like this, we all have plenty of red or pink and white items that we can easily use- scarves, material remnants, etc. that would make draping, placemats, etc. that would look nice for display. 

I haven't had alot of time to do a 'special' Valentine's day doll display, so here ya go. Poppy and Ryan hope you have a special day with your special someone!


                                         Happy Valentine's day 

                           from the One Sixth Scale Dollhouse!

No comments: