Monday, May 27, 2024

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day! It has been a long time since I posted, have alot to report on. 


 Please remember those of our military who made the sacrifice for our freedoms , and remember them on this day, for those who are not here with us. 

I was able to decorate the mantle and table in the dining room this weekend. I have been so busy for the last few weeks between sewing for the Skipper sized dolls for the upcoming Memorial day & Fourth of July holidays, and going through my patterns and sorting them, it has been time consuming. 





Right now, I got the Tammy and friends dolls dressed in some holiday themed items I owned and Pepper is dressed in an ensemble I made with a Skipper pattern. The mantle is decorated but I intented to decorate it with my Gene dolls in their holiday attire, I have not yet sat down and started dressing dolls! I was finally able to iron the pennant and get it put up on the mantle today. 





Some of the decorating of the dining room table with dolls as centerpieces; I used my milk glass collection to augment my stunning milk glass lantern that hangs over top of the dining room table. This piece belonged to my mother-in-law and my husband treasures it, she found it in an antique shop many years ago and we both adore it; I collect milk glass it has a hobnail pattern on it. I used two of my hobnail bud vases on it with flags and my vintage gingham tablecloth with her vintage red and white lace doily. The Liberty Blue Independence Hall plates are collected on Ebay and part of my husband's grandmother's dinner plates, we are currently intent on collecting the bowls, teacups and saucers and other pieces. I picked up the milk glass tankards at Goodwill. Red, white and Blue are some of my favorite colors to decorate with during the year. 




This week I made some purchases on Ebay at great deals- a Vintage Ideal Dodi doll- (Tuesday Taylor's little sister and sometimes called Pepper's  best friend-) for $9.99 on eBay plus shipping. My next purchase was an auction win of a vintage Scooter Titan haired doll for $24.99 plus shipping. She has some slight fading on the side of her face but she is in nice condition. These two were great finds. To add to my Tuesday Taylor collection I just need to find Eric at a reasonable cost now. 
I have also added more Grolier Books to my Barbie book club collection! More in a seperate post on them soon with in depth photos. 
Enjoy~ Lisa 






No comments: