Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Happy- late- Mother's Day...

I am late- late - late!! with Mother's Day pics. Sorry about that. Life gets in the way when you are enjoying yourself. 

So here are some photos from this year and last year of the dolls. I did a new photoshoot this year digging out dolls to go with my Vixen Integrity Gene. That tired look in her eyes captured a young mother in the late 1940's early 1950's and looking at vintage photos of young mothers - I really don't know how my grandmother and great-grandmother did it without air conditioning and microwaves. 


 I used Gene and the furniture is Bespaq. The baby is a vintage childhood Mattel Rosebud baby doll- they used to come in long Victorian christening gowns with caps and also sometimes Victorian cribs and other furniture pieces in plastic. I know I have the whole set packed away in my stuff somewhere. I found this little one by chance in my bins of dolls I was sorting through (prevented me from yet another duplicate purchase on ebay!! lol!) The Madame Alexander Wendy is from my collection.  The toys are bits and bobs I had on hand. 


Here this photo is from last year's mother's day. I purchased the Bombay clock at an estate sale for $5 and it really works, I have two of these clocks and I adore them. The plants are various plants you can find at Michael's; the chair is Bespaq, designed by me - manfactured by Bespaq. The crib, doll, is Barbie babysitting Crissy? I think and came with the crib and the rocking horse. I have loved this doll and kept her in her stock outfit. Her hair is gorgeous. 

I hope everyone had a relaxing Mother's Day! 

Update on the Doll Room! - More progress has been made- more dolls have been found and put on shelves. The dressing has begun. I will have some more photos of the shelves and the room and the dollhouse hopefully by the weekend. 

No comments: