Saturday, May 1, 2021

Happy Birthday to me- the birthday doll

So today May 1st is my birthday. And today , unexpectedly, my birthday present arrived my husband ordered. It was Madame Alexander Wendy Loves to Shop at F.A.O. Schwarz. 
I love her because she matches my Vintage Cissy in red. I had seen her on Ebay so he bought her just in time for my birthday. What a surprise. 










 Cissy has found this beautiful wicker trunk that has arrived in the mail and now is opening it- and surprise- it's Wendy! she came complete with her hat and little shopping bag. 




Here they are together. Wendy's dress has polka dots instead of the stripes, but the color scheme matches the dolls. I am working on making a hat to replace my Cissy's lost hat and she needs a hatbox that she originally came with. I would like to complete the three dolls with the Cissette in the red dress that matches' Cissy's outfit. It would be a nice set to have all three in the coordinating outfits. I am not sure this Wendy goes with this particular Cissy, but I love how Madame Alexander would make a Cissy, Cissette and a Wendy that all went together. 

My birthday dinner was made by my hubcap Chris and it was a wonderful ham with brown sugar glazed, baked, and we had cole slaw salad , then lemon cake and chocolate and vanilla ice cream with ice tea. 








It was so yummy. Especially the cake!





All in all, it has been a great birthday. I think sometimes the best thing is spending your day with those that you love, and making great memories. 

No comments: