Sunday, April 25, 2021

Robby the Robot from the Forbidden Planet


 I was shopping in Walmart yesterday and have been walking by this item for a couple of months now, and it has been reduced a couple of times- but now down to $14.99.!! Squee! Since my birthday is coming up this coming weekend in May, I thought I would treat myself to 'Robby the Robot, Forbidden Planet' . 

He is about 14 inches high, and has lights and sounds. He comes with four batteries and his torso and arms twist and turn, as does his head. You really get your money's worth on this little collector toy. Here are photos of the box-








The last photo is of Robby in his blister pack out of the box, and not yet taken out of his blister packaging. He is held in simply with clear rubby bands, which makes it easy to take him out without tearing/splitting the packaging, if you want to save the cool box, to repack him again, which I like to save boxes like this. It has all the info on it. There had been another robot like him for sale, from Lost in Space, but I missed out on him- stuff like this sells fast at Walmart - at  29.99 and 19.99 and you cannot wait for it to go on sale. It was the last one left at my walmart. 

Here is Robby out of the box- and shown with my Ginger Gilroy being a good butler-









These are photos with his lights activated.







And finally, serving Ginger tea...at the manor. She is somewhat flustered at this new and strange butler but is intrigued at his ability not to spill!

I am hoping to do a little scene with Robby in the comic book store with Sheldon and Amy. Or some of the Poppy Parkers in an elegant setting serving champagne. It is a new toy and the possibilities are endless! 

3 comments:

Small Joys said...

Love it! Especially the pictures with Ginger (a favourite of mine!) playing the butler.

Lisa Neault said...

I know- I just couldn't resist him. The toy aisle is my archilles heel. I find so many cool things there! I have had my eye on this robot forever.

A Focus on the Cute said...

Cute :) Love your pictures.