Monday, March 22, 2021

A Bed for the Dollhouse /Barbie's Birthday

 Recently, Barbie's Birthday celebration came and went and my Va. Fashion doll club celebrated with a ZOOM meeting online and everyone having a 'Birthday Buddy' or secret exchange partner for Barbie's birthday. We were to purchase a gift for our partner and mail or deliver it to them after names were drawn, and then open our gift on the ZOOM meeting date of March 14th. We all dressed a doll, had a festive food or drink, and items to share later . 

I had a different person to purchase for than the buddy who gave me my gift. I received a wonderful bed- made by a dealer for Grant A Wish Convention 2014. It was awesome, and my exchange buddy had purchased it on the Facebook Pink Heels buy and sell page. Below are photos of it in its box and set up. 








After I had it set up, and displayed with Poppy Parker, I knew it would fit Annabell, my reproduction French Fashion doll, and her house. And it fit her room perfectly. 












This is an update on the dollhouse. Shows the parlor, dining room, kitchen, Annabelle's bedroom , hallway, and Marie Terese's bedroom. I still need a bed for her room as well. Collecting suitable sized furniture for this house and the dolls has been work, as they are 'chunky' 1:6 scale and the house is a homemade 'Dad' dollhouse and more suitable for Barbie - the rooms cold do with being larger. It sounds awful, but I eventually hope to find an even larger house for my two French fashion dolls and use this one for my Poppy Parker dolls, lol. I do love it so. But my husband would kill me for taking more room up in the garage with ANOTHER dollhouse or diorama unfinished. lol. 

The only problem I have with this bed is it is silver and not a brass looking color/finish. I am very tempted to spray paint it so it will go with the period as I am planning to make a striped mattress for it and a set of pillows and sheets and dust ruffle skirting for it- as well as a crazy quilt or a regular quilt for the bed. I have always wanted to do a miniature crazy quilt or yo yo quilt from my mother's yoyos she left me too. So this will be a fun project. 
Enjoy! 


No comments: