Wednesday, January 29, 2020

60th Anniversary Barbie









When I attended my meeting, I picked up my Christmas loot bag that I didn't get when I was absent from the club Christmas party in December. They had their annual Christmas tea in Lunenberg, Va and it was just too far for me to attend. I have been having some serious health problems, as well as my husband last year, so I was unable to travel that far so soon during the weekend in December.  That Christmas tea was special because our club was able to have a Mattel Representative come and speak to us and she brought us all goodie bags- each one was this beautiful pink Barbie bag with stationary AND a doll! All the bags had different dolls. Mine had the 60th anniversary doll.

She is quite lovely, though the edges of this box have been banged up a bit. I may de-box her and display her on my shelf. I must say the boxes that Mattel is using are poor quality as they do not hold up very well. The cards are really beautiful. It was a nice surprise gift and one which is really nice to have as I ordinarily do not buy these kind of dolls for myself unless they are on sale. She has a cute face, almost like the Steffie face. 

More to come soon. 

3 comments:

Small Joys said...

Hi, I've been reading your posts for a while but haven't posted a comment to let you know how much I appreciate the time and talent that you share in your posts. Thank you!

Dorothy In PA said...

Wow, what a nice gift, a surprise Barbie.

I just had it confirmed that I have a #3 Barbie! When I got her, a gazillion years ago, who knew that Barbies would still be around today? They certainly possess some kind of magic (chuckle).

Unknown said...

If you're trying to lose pounds then you certainly need to start using this totally brand new custom keto meal plan.

To create this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, fitness trainers, and cooks have united to produce keto meal plans that are useful, painless, economically-efficient, and fun.

Since their first launch in January 2019, 1000's of people have already remodeled their body and well-being with the benefits a proper keto meal plan can offer.

Speaking of benefits; in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-proven ones provided by the keto meal plan.