Saturday, June 30, 2012

Part lll: Lunch at McDonald's, Broken Promises...

Yesterday, on Part ll, we left the characters of Barbietown....so let's continue with the rest of the story......

********************************************************************************

 Willow: I want you to know I'm really trying to help Ricky, he's been so great to me. I took time out from other people who needed the tutoring but Ricky really impressed me! I had no idea he wanted to get into that ivy league college- it's pretty expensive so he will need these classes on his credits to get in!
Ryan and Poppy look at Willow stunned....Ryan is surprised, but Poppy is not.
Ryan does not know what to say...he clears his throat and says, 'Willow, thank you so much for helping Rick. I know he'll do fine.'

Willow: Oh I know we'll have so much fun! The new trig books explain the formulas so much better than the older format! (Ryan & Poppy have no idea what she is talking about) Well, I think he is almost finished! Gotta go! Willow happily turns and heads towards the dining area.
Poppy & Ryan exchange knowing looks....
Poppy: Don't you see what I mean now? This is crazy! And I bet I know why all of a sudden he has decided to take those harder courses.....
Ryan: Why? He's going to college anyway...
Poppy: C'mon Ryan. Brie is in ALL the harder college courses. Ricky isn't thinking about how hard it is going to be. His only hope of getting in and keeping up is if Willow tutors him...
Poppy: I just hope Willow doesn't take it too hard...
Ryan: Poppers, I know this is upsetting you...but why don't we just let them work it out...and I need to ask ya something....
Poppy: What is it Ryan?
Ryan: Would you like to go out with me sometime? We haven't really had an 'official' date...you've been coming by for lunch...but I'd like to do something better than this greasy spoon..I really like ya, Poppers....(Ryan looks at Poppy shyly...)
Poppy: Wowza....but could you say it again?
Ryan(looking puzzled) Say what?
Poppy: I simply adore it when you call me....Poppers...and yes, I'd love to go out with you...
Ryan smiles....we'll leave the two blooming lovebirds, and go into the dining room where Willow is heading ...
Willow has come up behind Ricky and Brie, who is doing most of the talking while Ricky politely listens...
Willow clears her throat, standing behind Ricky, but he doesn't seem to hear.
Willow: Ahem...(cough cough)
Brie:...."and I told her...no, Daddy simply would not let me do that, it isn't the season to go to Boca Rotan right now, but I would LOVE to go...--"
Willow: Er, Ricky...
Willow goes to stand behind Brie in Ricky's view...and he looks up and smiles.
"Willow! Hi!"
Brie: WHO is Willow--
Willow moves back into Brie's view nearer to Ricky...Brie looks astonished at Willow's ensemble, and for once, is speechless....Ricky is obviously relieved to see Willow..
Ricky: Hey Willow! Wow you brought the books--right on time!
Brie: What books???
Brie: Hey, I know you....don't you hang out with that weird girl Buffy??
Willow: Yes, Buffy is my friend. and she's not weird...
Ricky: Hey Willow...(tryingt to get a word in edgewise...)
Brie(delighting in being malicious to Willow) ..that's a curious ensemble you have there Willow-where did you get it- Fugly R Us? (starts to giggle)
Willow : No actually I got this sweater recently, but never heard of that store before...
Ricky is getting really uncomfortable at this point and interjects...
"hey Brie, c'mon, Willow is a friend here..." (Remember, at this point Ricky doesn't realize that Willow has a crush on him...but Brie DOES...
Brie: Well, Excuse me....
Willow, thinking to herself no excuse for you.....
Ricky: Brie, Willow was going to help me study for the entrance exams in August, so I'm going to have to cut lunch short...
Brie: (sputtering) What?? You PROMISED we were going to go out this evening...
Ricky, truly stunned: Brie, you know I'm grounded.
Willow: interrupting the argument," Ricky, if you and Brie would like to take longer for lunch, that's ok, I still can come back after the dinner hour shift and we can take an extra half hour to go over the geometry stuff- you know most of it I think...
Brie: You PROMISED last night during Shrek we could go out tonight!
Ricky: (truly confused now) Hey, Willow, NO, Don't leave, I am working all day and need to cram this in...and the dinner rush might be heavy....
Turning to Brie, he says firmly: Brie- you know I was grounded because last night I didn't call my brother about the all night movie thing- I had a blast- but Willow is taking her time out to tutor me here at work--and I DON'T remember promising anything during SHREK...
Brie: WELL...I just don't know Ricky. I thought you were IT...breaking a date with ME, I let you drive my car!
Ricky: You're missing the point....I can't go out anyways, and I need to keep my promise to Willow here- she's my best bud..
Brie: BEST BUD! What am I? WEISER????
Willow: Ribbit....(imitating the frog beer commercial)
Ricky laughs, as he gets the joke, but Brie does not...and gets angry...

Willow stops her in mid sentence.
'You know, you keep talking about you- you , you, but you've gotten Ricky in trouble with his brother Ryan, and now all you're thinking about is going out. No one is friends with you because of the way you act-- anybody would be thrilled to not only have Ricky as a friend, but he's the only one who WOULD go out with you because he probably LIKES you--- why I don't know- and you're just being a big, ...a...a...(Willow is so angry she can't think) a Big Stupidhead!" (that is the worst insult Willow can think of at the moment.)
Ricky is somewhat speechless, and it dawns on him Willow must like him...
With that, Willow is so embarrassed & angry, she goes to the door to leave, without remembering her reason for coming to the McDonald's....
Ricky sits in stunned silence, while Willow leaves....
Willow goes to the door to leave, still stunned at her outburst...
***********************************************************************
To Be Continued...in Barbietown

Hope you enjoyed the storyline...I am still experimenting with the characters in Barbietown, and have alot of plans for it, as the dolls, props and settings are acquired & built. I like to kind of leave the plot open, so anything can happen, change, etc. Maybe we can catch up with Ricky and see if the broken promises to Brie or Willow will pan out....I'm thinking Brie will move onto another conquest....lol...
More for later!

No comments: