Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sneak peeks at my diorama progress...

I have thank goodness- finally finished the Victorian and Modern Thanksgiving diorama photos. I have set myself a heavy diorama photo schedule, and it is hard to keep to it. There are a couple of in depth dioramas I want to do for Christmas and it is hard to keep to that original plan because 'real' life always gets in the way. 

Here are some of the Victorian, using the haunted hallway diorama set for the dining room. 



Unfortunately, I had planned on creating the Thanksgiving foods but all I was able to manage were two turkeys and two pies. :( So on both dioramas I had to use Rement to create an illusion of abundance of foods. I think the Haunted hallway was quite useful with the dark greys and woods, which the Victorians were famous for, and even Mrs. Danvers aka Mistress of the Manor looks like the perfect gothic Victorian housekeeper in attendance with the butler to make sure everything runs smoothly.
More of these photos are on flicker now, I will be doing a special Victorian Thanksgiving blogpost later nearer to the holiday.
Modern photos-


These photos are of the dolls at Maison de la Royale having their Thanksgiving meal. Uncle Giles cannot resist feeding Watcher at the table. His sister, Victoire, Agne's mother, is also here and has brought her young nieces Buffy and Peggy, as well as another niece, Poppy for the small dinner. 

Hope you enjoy the sneaks and all of these photos are up in my Flicker, click on the slideshow at the top of the blog post!More photos to come closer to Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Thanksgiving pictures, the guests look great and the room is perfect for it. The turkey looks delicious :-).

Lisa Neault said...

thank you!

billa's dolls and fashions said...

Both the dioramas look great Lisa!
I'm going to check the progresses. I must confess: I have a soft spot for Uncle Giles.....

Lisa Neault said...

thank you Billa! I admit Giles was one of my first sideshow dolls I purchased. He looks really great in that suit.