Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Scooby-Doo and the Gang!

One of the great things about doll and action figure collecting is we can make our favorite superheroes, cartoon characters, come to life. And Mattel helps us every now and then, and hits it on the mark.

After coming home from the Fashion Royalty convention, I had a doll, yes, a Poppy- specifically, Starlight Poppy- who I knew would be the PERFECT Daphne I had been looking for. I had always wanted to get the Mattel scooby-doo gang, so when I came home I immediately won a Shaggy with no shoes, and a lot including two Scoobys, various accessories, and a fully dressed Velma and a somewhat played with Daphne. All I wanted was her outfit. This one was not the first Daphne but the one with the pink trenchcoat.

Fred is going to be my Color Infusion Ace McFLY and I will probably have to make his outfit. The Mattel Fred doesn't do it for me, and the cartoon Fred had really puffy hair. Here are some pics of the gang so far.










Since Daphne's outfit is a little loud, I need to find that green scarf she wears, as well as some pink tights. The little pink glasses came in the lot today. Shaggy wears some earth sandals from a Ken outfit. I was really lucky to get all of these dolls, the two scoobys(the other one is an older version and not as nice as the one I took pics of) and their flashlights, cell phones and scooby snacks for less than $29 on ebay. More pics up later!

4 comments:

D7ana said...

Congrats on that super find. That Skipper is cute, your Daphne is stunning, and Shaggy and Scooby are suitably goofy.

I like the mini photo story, too.

Lisa Neault said...

lol...thanks D7ana! I have always had a thing for Scooby Doo, I guess that is why I liked Buffy the Vampire slayer so much- she called her gang the Scoobies.

billa's dolls and fashions said...

Hi Lisa, such a cute project, can't wait to see more. Poppy is just perfect as Daphne!

Vanessa said...

Love what you've done so far. I was always a fan of the gang.