Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Making a list and checking it twice....

The month of November is winding down too, too quickly to Thanksgiving. I had promised myself before going to GLOSS Convention at the end of October that I would come back and start working on my holiday diorama list. 

There were alot of dioramas that I did not get to create last year because my heart just wasn't in it. I had originally planned to redo the Christmas pageant with the dolls re-enacting the Nativity. I have wanted to do it this year, but in the scope of a church. This creates a ton of problems as new temporary diorama walls are needed, and so on.

So I cut down my want/wish list to do and so far, here are a few that are accomplished-
Victorian Thanksgiving scene
Victorian Christmas scene
Modern Thanksgiving scene
All of the above are done! Here is a sneak of the Victorian Christmas scene-





One of the great things about creating temporary walls that can be re-used is the scope of what you can do with them. This was originally the set to display Haunted Beauty Mistress of the Manor- yet it made a great Victorian parlor and dining room for my Victorian themed /era dolls. 
One inspiration for me this year is Jatman doll stories I love how she has her newest sneak video of the doll story she is working on unveiled one week, then the following week the actual story is up. It made me re-think the frenetic pictures I have been taking and to work on a more organized schedule, that way, the scenes are perfect.  So in my list I have a new list of dioramas to be worked on, not necessarily in this order-

Christmas decorating-
The dollhouse
LaBelle's
faux boutique
The Patissierie

Tentative-
outdoor forest scenes with snow

Big projects-
Santa's library/study
Santa's workshop with his elves
The Christmas Pageant
Church diorama with Nativity

*New Year's eve ball

Victorian-
The Ingalls family having Christmas

Right now this is a rough list, I am not sure if I will be able to finish all of these dioramas. Today I will be taking down the haunted hallway diorama to work on the Christmas workshop and figure out what I need for the series of photos in the way of accessories. I also hope to make some headway on getting the holiday decorating done on the Labelle's and the dollhouse out of the way. The Patissierie is going to take more time as the shelves need to be filled with foods and breads and Christmas cakes and cookies. 

I may be a little off the grid for the next week or two, but will be posting the Thanksgiving photos here on the blog around the holiday and keep everyone posted with my progress sneak peeks. You can always check my flicker albums as well!~Lisa

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Wow, a very ambitious list! So far, what I have seen of your Thanksgiving and Christmas photos on Flickr is very, very nice! Looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for us!

billa's dolls and fashions said...

Great list Lisa, I love the Victorian Christmas Scene, I'll check the progresses, you're such an artist!

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: fabulous pics. Great list. Keep in touch

Lisa Neault said...

lol..thank you all for your interest! Building dioramas is a type of therapy for me from stress, and though the list is ambitious some of it is redecorating what is already done, and building a few items. Today I went to Michael's to get some items, I may go back again!

D7ana said...

Love the cookies and tea left for Santa. I look forward to seeing your dioramas and wish you success in setting them up and photographing them!

Lisa Neault said...

thank you D7ana!