Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Diorama finds...

Occasionally Michael's yields forth some wondorous items for props that were not intended for dolls but home decor. They have some from their Ashland decor home line and I picked up this little gem recently. I don't know if it was intended to be a shelf or a little desk caddy. Anyway, it is now going to be Poppy's daybed/sofa for her new nautical themed apartment that is in the works.



I picked up some other items too, red scrapbook paper, nautical blue and white striped denium and jean fabric quarters, and some nautical pendents from the bead section. All kinds of goodies. So far I've made up some pads and pillows. I also made up a denium pad for this too.



I thought the key would look neat hanging overtop of the settle daybed and the octopus theme was too good to pass up. It's like the theme of her apartment just came to me walking thru the store!





I also just purchased these little iPads and Apple computers in a set of four- 2 laptops and 2 ipads with screen options from ebay from this Seller who no longer has any more, but keep watching, he may list more. It was a really great deal. I have always wanted some iPads and better looking laptops for my dolls with more real looking screens. 
The settle was 50% off which made it 19.99 so I wasn't going to wait for it to go down to any lower. It is a little taller than I like but it looks great for the dolls. Here is Tony lounging on it too.








I love how this bench looks so modern with the two of them. I am planning to begin her apartment after Easter as I cleaned off my dining room table today...yes, Easter is coming so we have to have family over to eat! That means I will have room to diorama build after everybody leaves! lol....
I am busily sewing more cushions and will take more pics of more cushion options with the solid jean denium cushion. I really love the striped one the best myself.  Be sure to run out and get one of these while they are available!

6 comments:

billa's dolls and fashions said...

I love this Lisa, the concept of the rooms sounds great.
I like the bed a lot, isn't it great when one finds this kind of objects?

Lisa Neault said...

oh yes! There is another Item i've had my eye on as well. There is also a bathtub I have purchased as well. Check out your local Michael's- the bathtub is a clawfooted china bathtub and fits the fashion royalty ladies perfectly. It comes in a cream or a pink. I intend to use it in Poppy's apartment and it too is 50% off as well. I think it came to about 9.99 when I bought it. can't beat these sales on props!

adrian said...

Awesome find. Cool idea for a daybed. Ashland seems to always have the cutest things. I have the tub also and love it.

Lisa Neault said...

I have the tub too. I am going to use it in the ambitious diorama apartment I am planning after Easter. I've always wanted to build my Pillow talk Poppy an apartment, as if she lives in a condo on the beach or on a marina, so now I have my chance with all the right props falling into place! Last year I played with it but it did not come about like I wanted it too.

Smaller Places said...

The settle is marvelous -- a real find! Everybody looks great with it, and the accessories are so on point.

Jaye said...

This daybed is lovely. It's a good find. I like the décor you are using with it.