Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Fabulously Floral has finally arrived!

                                         

                          Fabulously Floral Silkstone Barbie has finally arrived.
  And, she is well worth the wait. There has been some reports that she has been sold out on Barbie Collector's website, I haven't seen this at last glance she appeared to still be available. The trouble to get this doll, at first order when she became available immediately, and I ordered her at full price, they offered her with a free calendar. She was immediately put on back order until 2/24/15 and this was with an order date of 1/15/15! As the February date approached, her backorder date was put further back to March 10th. I then found a message on my order status saying I needed to call Customer Service, which I did. The problems with this doll made me wonder if all the Silkstones would be this way, because I do want Boucle and the little Red dress has only 9100 in its edition. I may pass on that one just to save myself the heartache. 

Oh, I know it's St. Patrick's day! But it seems I'm backwards and since my Va. Fashion doll club meeting post was all about this holiday yesterday,  I've got my blog posts backwards too. Can you tell I'm more excited about this doll than St.  Patrick's day??? lol....
I invite you to check out a couple of blogs like Inside the Fashion Doll Studio by blogger Rebecca Berry, she does some fabulous pics and her friend Rogier of the blog Dutch Barbie World just covered a wonderful new one of a kind he acquired Rebecca took photos of AND the Paris Doll Festival a doll collector's dream convention. He also has wonderful photos of the Sybarites there. He is known as RC Silkstone on Flicker and Barbie collector. 
NOW...onto the photos of Fabulous! That has become my nickname for her....because everything is more FABULOUS in pink. I am looking for the perfect day to take her out for some photos at the botanical gardens before I redress her when the gardens are in bloom. That outfit would look amazing amongst the roses and tulips. Right now, here she is shopping....














I hope you enjoy the photos! I think they turned out wonderfully well since the light was just right. 

2 comments:

billa's dolls and fashions said...

Hi Lisa, she's so sweet and beautiful, a great doll: screening, hairdo and dress, she's perfect!

Lisa Neault said...

thank you Billa, I'm in love with her! I'm wondering if Boucle' is going to be as great on her screening too. I'm hoping to find some neat redress options for her soon.