Friday, August 16, 2013

1:6 scale project- Hot Tub

I have just about finished this unusual project- a hot tub ! Last night I finished the tiling on it though I wasn't feeling that sporty. I had had a problem with my back and was in alot of pain. Sometimes working on dioramas or building props and working quietly helps the muscles relax when they knot up. Feeling better today just a little sore.

I used two sizes of tiles from Home Depot. The grout will come next, I am letting it cure/dry on the glue. But my girls insisted on enjoying it- they are looking forward to the spa dio that is coming. Natalia is wearing repro Malibu barbie's swimsuit and Poppy is wearing a towel garment I sewed up for her quickly.














The little terra cotta pots are from a miniature artist Alex Mechaljohn, who handthrows his pots in miniature. floor is scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby and plants are from Michael's and the wine bottle and glasses Re-ment. I am really pleased how this project turned out and I'm hoping to do a full spa diorama with sauna, massage table and this jacuzzi...I was really pleased at how well the tiles matched the swimsuit I had on hand from Malibu Barbie. Enjoy!~Lisa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: great job. I like your hot tub .. Keep in touch

Anonymous said...

Great and enlightening. You’re good.   saunajournal.com