Friday, March 16, 2012

Building Barbietown: Part Vll Maison de la Royale- faux front




They say a picture is worth a thousand words...and so here it is, the faux front on the dollhouse done.
I had to switch from using foamcore like I originally intended, it was too lightweight. I also wanted to do a different texture or front. So I started thinking of what the original concept of the dollhouse was- it was supposed to be Agnes Von Weiss' pleasure mansion , that she had picked up for a song and restored- Maison de la Royale. (otherwise known to you bloggers as the One Sixth Scale Dollhouse) . Since I wanted a somewhat 'Georgian' exterior that meant carving stone block. There are more photos of this process and how I did in in my Flicker albums; to see the whole album click on Building Barbietown, it shows the gradual process of how the town is coming together.
Enjoy!
~Lisa

No comments: