Thursday, December 21, 2017

Countdown to Christmas...Day 21

Countdown to Christmas continues with another lovely Tweed Silkstone, Boucle Beauty . I could not find her anywhere on the Barbie Collector/MATTEL website in the Gallery photos archives, so forgive me for using an eBay image listing here. It took me the longest time to remember what her name was until I did a search for her on Ebay. 

For some reason I am deeply enarmoured of Silkstones in tweed /Chanel type suits with the pearls and chains, and spectator pumps. Maybe it hearkens back to my father's mother, my paternal grandmother who used to dress like that when she worked downtown at the Beauru of Statistics. Both of my grandmothers were career women before they knew what that was. My paternal grandmother,  Grace, dressed like this with gloves, hats, and suits, and little pumps with the chains across the instep, and matching purses. It is a timeless, classic look. 





Enjoy!

No comments: