Saturday, December 23, 2017

Countdown to Christmas.. Day 23

Countdown to Christmas ends out Silkstone Saga today on Day 23. I have more Silkstones, but since tomorrow is Christmas Eve and then Christmas Day, I have different dolls I want to showcase. 

I am ending today's Silkstone showcase with the controversial articulated little number that started the unending debate- should they- shouldn't they? articulate the silkstones.  Personally, I think adding articulation to the silkstones was not a good move. They should have just left the dolls as the beautiful mannequins they were and improved the makeup from the garrish Jessica Rabbit thing they had going on for a while there and fixed their god awful website and quality control, and started offering pivatol bodies on their basic look dolls. But Mattel has never listened to their adult collector base- that is why they are trailing behind Integrity toys. 

Back to my Countdown to Christmas.
 Classic Black Dress Silkstone Barbie Blonde  Again, I had to go to Ebay for a picture link for this doll as Mattels' gallery only has the brunette up which I have not yet added to  my collection. She ran about $40 which if you added your $20 coupon, was a deal. 




This doll was a most basic of dolls, no purse, no jewelry, nada, zip on accessories, just boots and a dress and bazinga- articulation. She was cute, but her articulation left alot to be desired. Personally, if they were going to do this articulation bit, Ithink they should have studied the Jamie Show body that many collectors were buying for the silkstones or looked at how Integrity did their bodies before doing this point topoint bit. I am afraid to move this doll's joints, she is so tight and she cannot bend her arms easily. I redressed her for this photoshoot and it may be a while before I undress her again because she's not that much of a pleasure to dress if I'm afraid I will break her elbows or hands. The newer ones, like Camel Coat, are a better made so it seems like they are getting the hang of this articulation thing. 
Enjoy the pics! 

No comments: