Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Countdown to Christmas...Day 12

Countdown to Christmas with Day 12 begins our Silkstone Saga....and once I began to photograph my silkies, I realized I hadn't photographed all of them! LOL. So today I will be catching up on my photos as I missed a few of them. 

I began collecting with one unique doll, Learning to Cook Barbie Repro back in 2005 or 2006, I forget which year, that got me hooked. I will feature her and my first fashion Royalty doll as well. 

One of my earliest Barbie Collector Club dolls that I have is from when Mattel didn't mix their collector dolls and their hot wheels, and their playline dolls together, they had a website with just adult collector dolls called Barbiecollector.com  On this each year with your membership, you got the ability to buy a club doll- remember that? And many times, she was a Silkstone. 

In 2009, I purchased Gal on the Go  Barbie  this is the link to the doll on Mattel's gallery. 

I still have her glasses and purse, tucked away. But here is my photoshoot of her. 





More Silkstones to come! 

2 comments:

Romona said...

LOVELY LADIES. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Phyllis said...

Oh she is nice! I joined Barbie Collector in 1999 and my first year received a free club doll and then an opportunity to purchase 2 deeply discounted club dolls. My free doll was the Millium Princess Barbie (I still have her NRFB). My discounted dolls were the Diana Ross doll and a Barbie As The Swan Queen in Swan Lake. Thank you, Lisa, for bringing back those memories!