Saturday, December 9, 2017

Countdown to Christmas... Day 9

I am continuing the Countdown to Christmas with my last of my Cinderella dolls with my special Lady Tremaine doll I purchased from the Disney website when they had a sale. 

This Lady Tremaine was not for sale in stores, but only from Disney. I am learning more about the Disney dolls, and they really make some lovely collector dolls, but, like the W Club, you have to be in the know. So signing up for the Disney website emails, helps. Their collector dolls have not tempted me yet, but I am getting there, as they are 1:6 scale on some of them. Some of them they make 17 inches high, which are lovely too. 

Lady Tremaine in this version wears the famous dress with the huge hat when she comes home with Ella's father. It is a Black/dark green brocade velvet, travel dress, with a Victorian spin on it. From the many movie versions I have watched of Cinderella, movie costume designers and directors cannot make up their minds when  or what era Cinderella lived in. I like the movie that Drew Barrymore did the most- Ever After. When one of her descendents , a Princess or Queen. is talking to the Barons Grimm after the Revolution and reveals to them the glass slipper. That is the most romantic and timeless. The costuming is lovely, and the story is more believable. 

Here is Lady Tremaine in all of her Victorian glory. They did her hair not so bright but more of an auburn in this version. 







The dress has a flocked design at the bottom of the hem that glitters slightly. Underneath is a black velvet skirt. She also wears short black boots. I think this is meant to be a very elegant travel dress. 

I will have more dolls coming. All for now, enjoy!

2 comments:

Ms. Leo said...

So, which version of the doll do you like the best and why? The fact that you don't have to rebody this version is a plus!

Lisa Neault said...

I think I like the original version the best, myself. This version put out by Disney on its website is nice, but I am more partial to the one you could buy at Toys R Us, Walmart and Target, in the green ballgown. Neither one has that great of a body, her legs are not fully articulated on the disney version, though her arms are.