Friday, August 7, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

It seems I've been nominated by Farrah Lily of Cozy Comforts & Dolls for the 
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! 



Here are her ten questions:

1) Do you collect anything other than dolls?
Yes, way too many books and magazines about dolls. and miniatures, and dollhouse miniatures! I am also partial to antique china, and crystal, alot of which I have recently downsized.2) Why did you start a doll blog?
I started a doll blog in 2005, I think, maybe earlier so people could see my projects on my dollhouse that I had acquired and was refurbishing and it was fun to connect with other collectors. 3) What doll line is your favorite to collect?
Fashion Royalty, Silkstone Barbie, Poppy Parker, and Hot Toys action figures are my favorite lines of collecting at the moment.4) Your favorite American Girl doll accessory?
I would say my overall favorite is the Felicity carriage, even though I don't own it. 5) If you could have any "career" what would it be?
I already do- I am a miniature artisan.6) Do you play any instruments and if so, what?
I don't play any instruments. 7) Where is your most favorite place you've ever been?
The mountains of Asheville, North Carolina8) What is your most favorite thing about yourself?
My ability to work on a deadline, and under pressure. 9) Favorite Movie?
This is a toughie, since I have so many. Gone with the Wind.10) If money were no object, where would you most like to travel to?
I would most love to see Versailles, in France, that has been a dream destination for a while. 

The Rest of the award says to nominate 10 people, but not doing that- will keep it to 5.So here are my five peeps.

1- Vanessa at Fashion Dolls at Van's Doll Treasures
2-Muff  Hey It's Muff


My questions for you are:

1- What started you collecting dolls?
2- Do you collect anything other than dolls?
3- Do you have any other hobbies that you enjoy other than dolls? (THINK hard, this one was hard for me, snicker)
4- What Doll line is your favorite to collect?
5- What is your 'holy grail' of dolls that you've always wanted?
6- How long have you been collecting dolls?
7- Are you a deboxer- yes or no?
8- What do you do to unwind or de-stress?
9- Do you belong to a doll club?
10- Favorite type of music to listen to?

Now pass it along....!



2 comments:

Muff said...

Thanks for nominating me!

I don't think I have a single book or magazine about dolls. I have seen them, of course, but haven't picked up one since I started collecting. Are you featured in any of the magazines you have?

Lisa Neault said...

Hmm. Yes, in American Miniaturist magazine, a few years ago, when I was working in the miniature field. Then some of my chairs were featured in spreads in Haute Doll by some photographers /diorama artists , I have those magazines. I think some of my items were in Miniature collector or Dollhouse Miniatures, can't remember. It has been a long time ago. I've been doing this since 2004/2005 and I have since cleaned out a ton of those magazines and I have a ton of magazines to clean out, I gave alot to a miniature friend who loves'em. I simply don't have room for them. After a while the sentimentality of it wears off and you just want to move the magazines on. I have kept a few special magazines that I like to refer back to, but not that hoard that I used to have--which used to be ALOT. lol. That goes the same way for books. It's sort of moving on to new horizons type of deal, been there, done that.