Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rainy day project- Making Miniature Food...

Though I had an important event to attend today, this morning was pretty much mine. Since I got up early, I was a little bored, so decided to sort thru my craft supplies and toss what wasn't finished, old or ugly. I quickly came across some miniature foods I hadn't finished. I had made a ton of miniature breads, so I gathered them up and organized them thinking they would look great finished in the Minnie's sweet shop bakery I had started building a few months ago. Here are some pics...

Remember, this was an unfinished project!










Poppy has been shopping, and is going to display some of the wonderful baguettes and french breads she bought, along with that bouquet of roses, c'est du pain! (Poppy's hands are so expressive they look perfect holding the baguette, croissant and roll! I make alot of my breads out of air dry clays and them color them with chalks, paints,or watercolor washes. The best thing about air dry clays is it looks like real, sliceable bread. These had already been colored and sculpted, just needed to be organized and displayed.

There was also this wonderful cake with tiny hearts on it, with a slice out of it, in a cake box that I had made long ago when I first started doing dioramas. The cake box is a printie from Ann Vantura's Paper Minis .





Poppy had seen some maccaroons on Flicker, so I decided to take some of the sculpted bits and see how a biscuitto colored one would look with a blue creme filling. She liked them. Later on, I will try the colored maccarroons with the matching/coordinating filling and wafer colors in polymer clay

I also worked on some donuts...

I thought these turned out pretty good, with the different colors of icing. They probably need sprinkles to give them more pop. I had already made the donuts, just needed to ice them.

So that was my rainy day project this morning. I would like to make more miniature food in 1:6 scale, I also created a polymer cherry pie, but am still tweaking that.
Enjoy!
~Lisa

3 comments:

Miranda Ixie said...

Oh WOW!!! Those are GORGEOUS! And they look very, very delicious *drool*. Nice work!

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you Miri! If you like them, maybe I can send you some- a tiny care package...donuts for your coffee or bread for your toast with your coffee! giggle~

Unknown said...

These look great! Thanks for sharing!