Sunday, June 28, 2020

Scooby-Doo Velma

I am finally taking some photos of dolls that have been arriving. Mattel's Scooby-Doo Velma Skipper recently arrived. 

I purchased her on an app called Poshmark that I also sell on as well. Here is the Link to my - My Closet on Poshmark.  Posh is a great place to sell clothing, but you can also purchase toys- such as dolls like Barbie, as well as home goods, - books, china, vintage items, etc. and I like selling there as well as purchasing too. You may have seen the commercial. 

I had had this doll a year or two ago, along with Shaggy and Daphne. I still have Daphne but for some crazy reason on one of my cleaning out the herd frenzies I decided to part with my Skipper Velma and my Shaggy. Why I do not know. I actually have two Scooby-Doo dogs, but cannot find the better one made of flocked resin right now. (He is probably lost somewhere in the doll room, lol) I do have this earlier version shown with my new Velma, that I dug up for the photos. 

I was amazed while browsing on Poshmark to find this Velma not only complete, with her glasses, shoes, and socks and outfit, but also with a cute Lego-like Velma for the awesome price...of wait for it....$10!!!! The only flaw with her is her shoe is split on one shoe. I believe this happened when the seller wrapped her in tissue and shipped her in a polymailer, which DID NOT please me when I received her, but I am not going to complain, as this price does not come along every day. (That did not include shipping and tax, which was about $7.84) priority mail. It irks me that the doll was sent in a polymailer as poshmark requires its sellers to use priority mail boxes. I guess since I am very detail orientated on my packaging when sending out items, I am picky how my dolls are packed. Velma was wrapped very poorly in some tissue paper that would not protect her from damage in a polymailer that had some thin bubble in it. sigh. Luckily she arrived ok with just a shoe damaged. 








I had never seen this little Lego-like Velma figure which is cute. I put it on my desk at work. Scooby-Doo has always been one of my favorite themes. 
Enjoy!

No comments: