Saturday, June 13, 2020

Vintage Best Buy Patriotic Dress

As I stated in my previous post, I have been gathering the dolls together in red, white and blue for Fourth of July decorating. I have also been purchasing dolls on my list that I do not have or have wanted. 

One of these vintage outfits was a Best Buy 1976 Patriotic Freedom Barbie dress. I recently picked it up on eBay for a very good price, no accessories but it was in mint condition. I am hoping to find the matching one for Skipper. Here it is on my Free Moving Steffie. She is wearing Sweet 16 Barbie's shoes. 





I have always adored the Revolutionary soldier's on the skirt of this dress! So adorable. 

Here are the rest of my vintage Barbies from the 1970's decked out in red white and blue outfits. 





The Malibu Ken and the Walk Lively Barbie are both, childhood dolls and quite special to me. The Free Moving Steffie and the Francie were purchased in a large lot of dolls and clothing with cases at an auction I attended. The Francie and the Steffie I kept and Francie's outfit was complete in the box of clothing I found, I could not believe how many Barbie outfits this little girl had- she was so lucky! Francie's foot was partially chewed but she was intact. I never had a Francie as a little girl, always wanted one. I pick them up now whenever I can. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I love your fun dress with the soldiers! Happy Red, White and Blue Decorating:@)

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you Lynne!