Friday, June 26, 2020

Lady Liberty Barbie

I finally got Lady Liberty Barbie de-boxed and done on my table display, ready for Fourth of July. (That required the monumental task of clearing off the dining room table, which required me to take time and move all of my sewing projects, clays, and dolls and props, lol...) 

I had a glass cake plate that I use for a pedestal for dolls since it has a slight chip /nick on the edge and I don't use it for food, just for displaying dolls at club meetings, etc. since I usually put a doily or cloth on it. This would be a perfect pedestal for her.  She will be the perfect foil for my Fourth of July cake I am planning to make for that weekend. 






I really love her face and gown. The little mat underneath is a patriotic quilt that I made and have not yet finished but was perfect to go underneath of her for this display. I used red white and blue patriotic fabrics in a simple square design.  

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Treesa said...

Very festive display, the Lady Liberty Barbie was a good choice. She's much more colorful than the Statue Of Liberty Barbie doll Mattel made for their Landmarks Collection.
Signed, Treesa