Monday, July 13, 2015

Dolly playdates....

Today I had a dolly playdate with my buddy Karon Montague, otherwise known on the Doll Divas board as KaronNVa and Sandra Sturman, or Gothic Cat Lady. We are all in the Va. Fashion doll club together as well as on the W club. Sandra also collects Tonner dolls as well as other kinds of dolls like bjd's, and one other of our group, Marina who just joined the W club and is still getting the hang of it, couldn't be with us (the Fun Four as we call ourselves jokingly.) 

I had to take Karon a doll over to her as she had asked if I would use one of my NuFace lottery chances at the W club for her, and I said yes. I won Rare Jewel Ranya? I think it was for her and she was pleased. A lovely doll. I also carried over my three newest dolls- Vintage Tea Ellowyne, my Ruruko dreaming , and my 002.5 Barbie Basics I just got off Mister Dollface as well as a Victoire wearing a cute dress I had just made from a vintage Barbie pattern. Sandra brought three of her Tonner dolls. I took some photos of Karon's dolls too, we all met over at Karon's house.


Karon had out alot of her favorites. Here one of her dolls wears Chewin and plays the guitar while Josephine Baker sings...


More GLOSS convention Color Infusion style lab homme wearing Chewin suits and fashions. Also Lottery doll wearing a Randall Craig sweater with her dress, lovely!



Some Poppys on display...




More Poppys on Display...



            Below are some of Sandra's Tonner dolls she hasn't deboxed yet..
               This one is from Pirates of the Carribean . She also brought Lara from the Tomb Raider but I forgot to get a pic of that one.....
         



        We had a fun day and talked about the new IFDC dolls! As well as the latest news on the boards of Doll Divas & Prego. I got Sandra onto the Prego board since she is so into Tonner and registered on her phone while we were sitting there. There is something about being with other dolly people that you can't quite make up for as they understand why you have dolls that have never come out of the boxes and why you spend more money on doll clothes than on your clothes! We were all laughing that we were all wearing outfits , exercise wear from Walmart yet were spending large sums on evening gowns for our dolls! LOL...Sandra had just purchased a beautiful gown she had brought to show us from a seller on Ebay, and we were laughing about how we had 
downsized our wardrobes but our dolls had more extravagant dresses and wardrobes than we did! 

All for now!~Lisa

2 comments:

Muff said...

These are some gorgeous dolls! I'm so envious of that Josephine Baker doll.

Lisa Neault said...

You might be able to pick her up quite cheap. At convention I think Integrity was selling her for like, $40 bucks. She was extremely low. You can probably pick her up cheap on ebay too,, in the nude. The banana outfit was popular, but now you can probably get her inexpensively. My friend Karon picks up multiple nude dolls to play with and keeps her dolls boxed, she's a completist. lol. She has two memberships thru the W club so she has one to debox, one to keep. This way she also has dolls to trade, or sell for high dollar money to get the grails she really wants. She's our dolly go to gal when we need to know how much a dolly is worth, when a dolly was made, what her name is, etc. I went to my first convention last year with her, her collection is amazing....