Saturday, December 31, 2022

2022- a year in review..

Happy New Year! 

 


Usually at the end of the year I save this post for my thoughts on what My goals and vision is for the new year is. I have given thought to it, and for the first time in a few years, I can honestly say I do not have a lot of ambitious goals for  my doll collection like I usually do (that I know I will not live up to!- LOL!) 

I cut back on purchasing alot of the W Club dolls this year and sold two or three dolls that in hindsight, I should not have purchased and should have put that money towards items I really wanted instead of getting 'caught up' in the hysteria of the doll photos of the moment. By that I mean this-- we see the photos of the doll debuted, and know we have a limited time to pre-order, and hem and haw do I really want this doll? If I dont pre-order now, it will be double the cost later, and so on. That is what happened to me on purchasing a Poppy Parker I did not exactly love and a W Club homme giftset. I am really glad now that I did not give in and put deposits down on the Stay Tuned dolls as my wallet would be hurting at the end of the year.

Doll Room Progress- My doll room is as organized as it will be due to its small size, but I have the problem now of attempting to figure out what and where I packed some dolls away. Hence the problem of looking for a doll I am going to need around Valentine's day. What bin/ storage box did I pack her in and where? there is one more spot /Room I could have put here in and I will spend this weekend looking for her. Sigh. Not all the dolls can be displayed at one time on my shelves. I will definitely be putting this doll on display due to her costume so I dont have to go looking for her. 

My 16 inch Tonner/ Gene Marshall Doll Colllection- This doll collection has been growing by leaps and bounds. So much so I need to start either sewing or start buying clothing for them. As well as shoes. 

Usually this post, I am full of ambitions to learn new things, accomplish more crafting skills, etc. But this year, I would just like to do one thing- enjoy what I have. And that is not just my dolls and my collection. It goes for everything. When decorating for Christmas we were going through the attic and realized how much we had and it spurred in both my husband and I the desire to catalog and inventory all of our Christmas decorations so we would know what we had- so we could better decorate next year. We found so many items we had forgot about- the same is true of my dolls. I forget about so many lovely items I own. Instead of constantly purchasing more, I would like to open and evaluate and treasure what I currently have. Photograph it in new ways. 

Happy New Year everyone! Looking forward to 2023!~Lisa

2 comments:

Ms. Leo said...

Happy New Year!

Lisa Neault said...

Happy New Year Ms. Leo! Sorry to be so slow in replying!