Thursday, February 7, 2019

New Pugdog for Marie Antoinette & Louis

Usually I plan my holiday pictures in advance. As usual, I wanted to do a romantic series of photos and one of those sets included my historical Louis and Marie Antoinette with her pugdog. 

An international doll crisis occurred. Mops was missing! So were the poodles. They could not be found anywhere in Barbietown. It was thought the nefarious Fashion Royalty dolls had made off with them. Or maybe the snobby Silkstone Barbie dolls had taken them out shopping and let Mops and the poodles wander around the boutiques, eating- gasp! dog food instead of their usual French tarts and pastries on the sidewalk instead of on silken cushions and china plates. 

When I looked in all doll containers, and hiding places, and even asked the Big dolls- The Tonners, The French fashion dolls- who had taken a liking to Mops and the poodles at several photo ops- they were eyeing him for their own- Annabelle and Marie Terese wanted their own pugdogs and poodles- no Mops and poodles were to be found. So on to Ebay to look again for another Mops. 

I found this little darling. He is a Birthstone Beauties Barbie dog, that is why they are so hard to find. 
I have another matching one to this little darling coming, so he will have a twin. If you want to know which Birthstone Beauty Barbie- it is July /Ruby who has the black pugdog.  Our previous Mops pugdog which was a fair pugdog came with October /Opal Barbie or Aquamarine /March Barbie. 

I remember having a few of these dolls, not many when they came out in 2007 or 2006. I saved the dogs , gave them as gifts to my daughter and mother. I never purchased one for myself. Now the Steffie face I really find cute. 












Pugdog's collar is silk ribbon glued around his neck with Swarvorski crystals glued onto the ribbon. When my Ruby Birthstone beauty doll comes I will do the other pugdog to match. I might find blue ribbon so I have a girl and boy dog. They will look so adorable sitting on cushions. I am hoping to find Mops and the Poodles as I thought I had put them in a safe place when I was moving items around, they are some of my most precious props for the dolls. I will probably find them in the least expected place when I am not looking for them. 

Enjoy the preview of the Valentine's day photos! Pugdog is so cute. 
~Lisa

1 comment:

jSarie said...

The pug is adorable and I'm loving how the collar, the dress, and the upholstery on the seating all match so nicely! :)