Monday, January 28, 2019

Marie Terese's New Dress

This post has been a long time in coming, as I purchased Marie Terese, one of my Grail dolls I have had on my list, this time last year in 2018. It has taken me over a year to find the time to finally finish one dress for her. 

Marie Terese is an Alice Leverett Ultimate Petite porcelain doll that was a convention exclusive for the 2010 UFDC convention. The attendees were also able to purchase a number of outfits for her and do a workshop to make her an outfit or two from what I understand. She also came with a box, which I do not have, and she did not come with when I purchased her on ebay. Prices ranged anywhere from $199-400 on ebay when I purchased her. I was able to get her within a price I could afford last year, as I was determined to have her before her price became too outrageous. 

I have missed several sewing challenges on my French Fashion group and it has saddened me because even though they give us plenty of time, months in fact, I can never seem to get my act together as far as getting the materials, fabric, etc. Sewing for me, I have to have perfect quiet, calm and cannot be distracted which is nearly impossible with all that goes on around me. I had purchased a number of patterns available in this past issue of Doll News that I made Marie Terese's gown from. 




There are more patterns in the book than I have shown, I am only showing the one I used and embellished/bashed. I used a blue heavy satin, and some beautiful lace I found at Hobby Lobby. The satin I have had for a long time and I hope I have enough left over to make Annabelle a skirt. 

Here is Marie Terese in her new little outfit having tea. 







It is extremely hard to find shoes to fit her, so I am going to measure her feet and see if I can make slippers/shoes to fit. The book mentions how to do that. I made her little lace cap by just sewing some of the lace free hand and adding some of the satin into ruffles onto it and pinning it into her hair. 

I am still working on their dollhouse home, the cottage. Finding suitable beds for their bedrooms is difficult- the beds are either too big for the rooms or too small for them. I want to do scenes with them in the beds and standing beside them as well, so I may have to settle for a bed where Annabelle will have to bunch her knees up a little bit. Or sit up a bit in bed. I also want their beds to look cozy, not overdone in an extravagant Manner so it doesn't look like anyone sleeps in the bed. 

All for now-Lisa

No comments: