Sunday, February 10, 2019

Birthstone Beauties Barbie July

Previously I showed you the tiny pugdog I had purchased off of Ebay in my quest to find a replacement for my Mops. My Birthstone Beauties July Barbie arrived this week from Mercari  . For those of you that don't know, Mercari is a phone selling/buying app . (I sell there too as well as on ebay, a great place to buy as well)  I recently purchased this doll there . She was packed OK, but the buyer taped the box with masking tape versus packing tape. She also did not wrap the doll in her box with any bubble, but did pack her with plenty of paper and cushion in the box, I was pleased with that. The problem with taping a box with masking tape is--------IT'S NOT THE RIGHT TAPE. My box was coming open by the time it got to me. Sellers if you're going to sell, stop being cheap. Tape the damn box correctly for h-e-double toothpick's sake. My rant is I've been selling since 2004 and 2006 and it still amazes me people can't spend $3 for tape at a nearby dollar store. Ok, rant over, lol. 😁

So here she is...












I don't know if this happens to everyone else, but it does happen to me. I remember when these dolls came out. I looked at them at the time as 'birthday of the month' dolls and therefore, did not collect all of them. It never , ever occurred to me to collect them, their dogs, their dresses or jewelry, which is very well done, and the possibility of customizing them. I also remember seeing them in Walmart and Target at the time for $5 and $7 on sale and walking by. I could kick myself now.  Now years later I want this doll it took me a while to remember the names of these dolls in my search because of the dogs I wanted. I usually want the doll  well after she is sold out or thereafter. LOL. Isn't that just like a doll collector??

I think July is adorable, with the Steffie face and ringlets. Most of them have this face mold and hairstyle, in different skin tones and hair colors. She will make an adorable Valentine scene. 

All for now! Just four more days to Valentine's day! ~Lisa 

1 comment:

monstercrafts said...

Believe it or not, I want to "kick myself" from time to time when I really want a doll that I didn't get when I saw her on the store. This doll is very pretty, I'm glad you got her.
Take care.