Wednesday, October 3, 2018

My Doll Club Raffle Project

For several months, I have been working on my Fashion doll club Raffle project. 

Every year, my Fashion doll club has a Raffle to support their big Christmas get together. This year they will be going to the Jefferson Hotel in downtown Richmond Virginia for a big High Tea on December 3rd. Unfortunately, that is my husband's birthday, so I will not be attending. 

Since it is very expensive, the club usually hosts a raffle of doll items or custom dolls or doll related items donated by the members in October at our really big Halloween themed meeting. Halloween is one of our 'special' get togethers with food, dress up, and a cool presentation- the Raffle! where we buy tickets to bid on what item we want. Everyone is guaranteed one item to take home. 

So last year we divided up holidays and I was one of the people who got Christmas.  I knew immediately what I wanted to do- a Christmas themed market stall with food, and Barbie and Ken in matching sweater outfits. 

My project is named Santa's Christmas Cookie Market Stall

















Ken and Barbie are 'glammed' out. Ken is a Fashionista Ken and he has been 'customized' so his hair is white , coated with glitter to match the dogs, and his pants are sweater pants edged with fur. His sneakers have been glammed up with swarvorski crystals to match the doggies' collars and Barbie's shoes. 

Barbie's dress and cape are matching sweater material to match Ken's pants, her hat matches her shoes. Her cape is edged with matching fur like Ken's pants too. The dogs were painted white and flocked with glitter to match Ken's hair. 

The market stall was done in forest green and dark red. I made all of the cookie boards, the Yule log cake and the red velvet cake on the stand and the peppermint sticks and peppermints in the glass jars. 

It took me about three months off and on between my schedules of work to complete this. At first I was going to use another type of market stall and then I nixed that idea, and found these two items which I thought might be better. I was going to add a third doll, but decided to stick to two when dressing these two was an ongoing two month project. It was actually easier to finish the backdrop wall and counter, and foods than the dolls. I finished up, thankfully before September and only just recently thought up the name. Our meetings are so detailed and in depth that I have a TON of items to carry to this meeting and I usually like to have this project done way before its due date. Considering all I have to do with my Ebay store Pumpkin Hill Studios and how much I have to list each day, doing anything creative has to be literally squeezed in on free time. 

Hope you enjoy the pictures, this was a fun project to do. 
Lisa

1 comment:

Farrah said...

Wow, what a wonderful job! I love the doll makeovers, the stall, the cookies/treats, everything. It's putting me in the Christmas spirit for sure. :) Thanks for sharing! As for free time, I totally hear you!