Sunday, September 30, 2018

My French Fashion doll Annabelle...

I belong to a French Fashion doll group that has its own message board 
French Fashion Doll Sewing Club and it is hosted on the IOS message boards. Many groups, like the Hitty Girls   (for those that collect Hitty Dolls) are also hosted here on the IOS boards because they find it easier than Facebook to control as not everyone does Facebook nowadays and more and more people are moving away from that brand of social media. Can't say I blame them. 

Recently, the group decided to do something called Sparrow Post, based on Tasha Tudor's Sparrow Post where the dolls will write to their dolly pen pal. The group is a group of people who collect French Fashion dolls, both antique and reproduction, and sew for them. Mostly 16 inch, 18- 21 inch - sometimes larger, and smaller ones like Mignonettes and Bluettes- there is a seperate group for those dolls. Mostly French fashion and some German ladies. Many share their latest sewing projects and the patterns that go around in the Antique Doll Collector, Doll News and at the latest workshops at the conventions. 

Annabelle, my 12 inch French Fashion doll which is a reproduction Francois Gaultier , is currently corresponding with Arlette, a French Fashion lady Barrois. 

Here is the diorama I set up for Annabelle to write her correspondence in, like a proper lady should. Her writing / or the room that will hold her desk at the Hilltop Cottage dollhouse is still under construction . 


















Shown here are Marigold Finch, of Finch Express. Marigold delivers all of the correspondence amongst the dolls to and fro, and she is a very busy bird! She will take Annabelle's letters to Arlette to the other Sparrows to deliver to Sparrow post, post -haste. Dolls have a much more efficient delivery system than we humans. (Marigold is named after the Sparrow in the novel, Stuart Little) 



I hope you have enjoyed the diorama.

Now for the props and credits-
Walls- scrapbook paper on top from Michael's- bottom is spray painted with grey spray paint.
Wood stripwood stained with stain and glued onto foamcore walls. 
Windows cut out of foamcore and window panes made out of thin stripwood painted white
Curtains made out of Halloween cheesecloth available at dollar store or Michael's
Furniture- desk, chair and table- Bespaq, discontinued
Statues- purchased at local auction 
birdcage- purchased in jewelry findings at Michael's
Postal box- bank 
Bird- artisan item created by Patricia Cabrerea of Woolytales Miniatures 
Rug & poodle- dollhouse miniature item
Pugdog- Barbie scale dog 
Plants- Michael's 
teapot and teacup- Ruetters porcelain Peter Bunny rabbit purchased at Tuesday Morning
Picture- Souvenir framed picture purchased at Museum store in Williamsburg at the Visitor center bookstore 

4 comments:

Treesa said...

The dolly pen-pals idea sounds absolutely charming and I enjoyed seeing your diorama. Thanks for sharing.
Signed, Treesa

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I think I belonged to that French Fashion Doll group when it was on Yahoo Groups? Unfortunately, since I don't own a French fashion doll, I was not an active member, but I did enjoy seeing what people made, and picking up a few sewing tips. I do some of that type of sewing myself, but for my modern vinyl dolls. I'd never heard of Group.io, so thank you for letting me know there's another place for groups now.

The grandmommy said...

I like that her body type is more realistic. Her clothing is very pretty. Look at the detail on her blouse! I enjoyed this post.

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you all for your kind comments, Treesa, and grandmommy. Barb the link to the IOS groups is there if you'd ever like to re-join. If you are ever interested in obtaining a reproduction french fashion doll, there are some links to some dealers I can post for you.
They also have files in the group to the different dealers available.
It was good to play with Annabelle again, and hopefully I can start sewing for Marie Terese and her again as well..I have missed them both even though I love my vinyl fashion dolls like the Barbies and Fashion Royalty. I want to seriously work on their cottage dollhouse.