Monday, April 3, 2017

Va. Fashion Doll Club meeting April 2017- Tutti & Todd Part l

I might divide this blog post into two parts, the Tutti and Todd presentation- which is HUGE! and then the club's diorama competition of 'Real' families and Leslie's report of the OOAK Doll convention. I have tons of photos. Our meeting went on for 5- 5 1/2 or 6 hours of fun. I was tuckered out by the time I got home - 12:30 to 5:00 but really, folks, the fun goes on longer than that because our doll club is intense with the food, dolls, etc. I didn't even take anything for show and tell this time. And we were just sitting down to show and tell at 5 pm! 

So let's start with the presentation. The meeting took place at our club president's home, Debbi. She goes all out for spring and Easter. She set up the Tutti display from her upstairs bedroom in front of her fireplace . 




Yes, that double wide cabinet on the right is full of silkstones. The shelves were on the display had over 100 Tutti and Todd vintage dolls on them. It boggles the mind. And some were in the box, and OOAK. 

To continue the obsession, the table further down held paperdolls, and a collection of cases. Our club president didn't have every item, there is a very rare European Parian case in pink that she can't get ahold of and she had a print out of. 

I will just continue with pics.  

































I will continue more tomorrow with Part ll of the diorama presentations and Leslie's report on the OOAK Doll convention. She brought all the fashions and dolls she had and the items she received and it was wonderful to be able to see so many beautiful items from that convention. More Tutti and Todd photos are available on my Flicker 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

La Sonrisa Mágica said...

Wow, that's fabulous! :-)

Phyllis said...

I don't think I have ever seen a Tutti and Todd collection even remotely this large before. I own a few, but not is such great condition as these are. I went slowly through all of your photos and will have to do so again to take them all in! Thanks for sharing!

Farrah said...

What an amazing and beautifully displayed collection!