Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Spring Capitol Doll Club show & sale

Today hubby & I attended the Capitol Doll club show and sale at the Richmond Raceway complex and it was a really fun show. I was worried I wouldn't be able to attend as for the past two weeks it has been snow and rain, snow and rain and one disaster after another as far as the snow is concerned with the ice damaging the roof and one of the breakers that needed to be fixed. We decided we needed a day out today, so after the doll show, we went out to lunch and also out to some of our favorite antique shops. Being cooped up is bad for the soul. First, a little look-see at my loot.


Yes, be green with envy! That is Midge, in the dreamhouse, for $7 bucks! I was thinking of buying her off evil-bay for $29 plus shipping what was I thinking??? and said no I will wait. I got all of the Clueless outfits for $10 each even though they were marked $12. Not the best deal but I liked them and they were in the box. I could have purchased more from this lady- she is a collector who has gotten heavy into Tonner and Gene and has -over 600+ Barbies in the box! All of her accessories and everything- are in the box. She's at every show. This show was simply awesome because there were alot of great dealers and collectors there. My club members sometimes get a table/booth together and they pool items in their collection and decide what they want to clear out. They are hard core vintage collectors and have incredible collections, if I need to know what a certain type of doll is from a year over 30+ or 20+ I go to them. Here they are-





They are excellent on their booth presentation and organization as you can see. Alot of these ladies attend all of the Barbie conventions, so they have alot that they move along. 
I took alot of pictures for our club President as she forgot her camera. There was alot of beautiful antique Jumeau and Bebe dolls, which I love to lust over. If I ever won the lottery, I know what I would be making a beeline for. 
Like this little number that was snapped up quickly.....


It was beautifully carved and was priced at $295. Exquisite. 


This lovely little lady right here had her own little chair. Her face was so real looking. Alot of people cannot take the eyes on these dolls because they are so real looking. I have always been drawn to them myself which is why I have a reproduction Gaultier 12 inch doll. I have always wanted to know what stories they could tell if they could talk....





These dolls and the one in the antique child's sleigh were from McHugh's antiques here in Richmond, Va. The doll in the blue dress was simply lovely, I can't remember if she was a Simon & Haldig or a Jumeau on her tag.






Then at the front I met the lovely lady who was the United Federation of Doll Collectors representative. These dolls were her Dollmore bjd's. She had set up a cute display with empty wine bottles and these amazing victorian chairs. They are simply ...well huge! I have been thinking of getting a doll that is 58 cm but when I was talking to her I forgot to ask her how large her dolls were, I am guessing they were about 64 or 62 cm, I could be wrong. Big girls. I may have to stick with my 1:6 divas. Tiny girls that can go in my purse and don't make too much of a fuss. These ladies look large and in charge. 

I have alot of pics...that gave me beaucoup diorama ideas....but I've already bombarded you with dolly pics that are not 1:6 ...so more later after my girls get some new duds on and start modeling. Enjoy the photos!

7 comments:

Muff said...

So cool! Love all the photos.

Farrah Lily said...

Wow, great photos! And yes, I am green with envy over finding Midge for $7! :) Good think you waited!

Lisa Neault said...

thankyou! I couldn't believe I found Midge for $7. I could have bought more swag. I tried to control myself. There were so many more bargains there.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: fabulous event. Great purchases. Lots of fun. Keep in touch

Vanessa said...

Oooh a doll show. I love antique dolls. Thanks for sharing the pics.

D7ana said...

Congratulations on your finds! Thanks for sharing photos.

Sarah Sequins said...

What a great deal on that Midge! She's one of my favorites.

Thank you for posting photos. I don't get to go to doll shows often, so I live vicariously through other people. <3