Tuesday, November 26, 2013

28 days to Christmas...but it's not Thanksgiving yet!

I have been working on more Christmas cookies and goodies, some of which have already sold out of the Etsy shop. I try to make doubles of items- one for the Etsy shop & one for the Ebay auctions. A bunch of items sold yesterday out of the Etsy shop so my shelves are a little bare. 
I did a little quick photo story today with the very first gingerbread house I made in 1:6 scale, it is 2 in x 2 in. I thought it OK for a first try- which is why it is on Ebay. I want to make a more precise one, just getting the materials together for that. In the midst of the pictures, Santa decided to stroll in...and Thanksgiving isn't even here!

Grandma Greene is busily baking...Yule log cake, and has just finished a gingerbread house! Softly hums to herself as she applies the last candy canes to the sides....


She is lifting it and starts in surprise- Santa is in her kitchen!


Her young niece, Cindy, is perplexed and thinks to herself- 'Who is this fat guy dressing up as Santa?It's not even Thanksgiving yet! Aunt Grace needs to start locking her back door!
Grandma Greene isn't at all perplexed. 'Sam! ' she guesses
Little Emily has no illusions-'SANTA!' She screams

HO, HO, HO...'Santa chortles. 'You didn't make that gingerbread house all for me, did you?'
Cindy draws in a deep breath of irritation....all little Emily can do is holler
Santa what did you bring me!!!

Grandma Greene beams at Sam, er Santa. 'SANTA..she says, you have arrived rather early! Thanksgiving is just this week!
Sam, er Santa is turning red and chuckles.'I smelled Gingerbread and cake all the way from the North Pole!'

You're just in luck- I made some gingerbread men and this wonderful Yule log cake- have a slice with Emily!'

Meanwhile, Grandma Grace's youngest son comes in to forage in the refrigerator, and is not bothered in the slightest like his cousin about Sam, er Santa barging into his mother's kitchen for cake before Thanksgiving. 
****************************************************************
I hope you enjoyed these quick photos. I have been trying to do different things for the holidays this year, but my personal life /family life has took a turn. Creating the miniature food has helped me to deal with the circumstances- my mother had a mini stroke about four weeks ago and then a triple bypass. She has been in intensive care and her condition has been very grave, which has given me many many sleepless nights as well as being emotionally draining. I have dealt with the severe stress by working on my miniature foods for the dolls and it has been such a great therapy. I think of something, look at a picture and see if I can replicate it. Cooking for the dolls in their mini worlds where everything is bright and cheerful really helps us in the 'real' world of problems too difficult to handle. 
I am currently working on the pictures for Thanksgiving...may redo them. The Gingerbread house and yule log are currently on my Ebay Auctions if you are interested.
Lisa

No comments: