Friday, January 11, 2013

Town Party Little House scene...


 
 
 
So today I did a little rough drafting as I call it, to figure out how to replicate the scenes in the Little House books with the dolls & props. This scene is one I have always wanted to replicate, but much better than this rough sketch above.
I think in the real long term, what I would like to do is have a picture from the book on the left, and a picture of the diorama, using the dolls & props to replicate the picture in the book, on the right. Today I just propped the book On the Banks of Plum Creek behind the dolls. I'm just missing a doll to be Willie Olsen with the jumping jack. I think putting elastic clear hairbands around the doll to hold it onto Nellie and make it look like she is holding it away from Laura would work. I havent played very much in the past few days with my Little House doll family, and I miss them, something about these dolls gives me a warm fuzzy feeling- they are fast becoming my favorites.
Don't forget aobut our Blog Giveaway - follow our blog and comment on that post, to be entered to win our free prize!! Right now we are up to 95 followers- let's see if we can make it 100 by Monday when the contest ends!

No comments: