Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Project finished!

Project finished! Annabelle finally now has a deshabille' or negligee. I started with a pattern from Gildebrief, and went from there. I modified it a bit, because the pattern called for a more thinner fabric than the muslin I used. I also did away with the wide ruffle of the original pattern, which looked rather awkward to me for such a delicate doll. I used a very narrow transparent white lace to edge her collar, cuffs, hem and down the front and a blue silk ribbon for the bow. Simplicity in my mind always speaks louder for elegance than garish lace that is not real lace. The original pattern had used a lace that was too out of scale for this delicate lady, I am pleased with my first attempt at her deshabille. I am thinking of working on a more ambitious project after I finish the rest of her underpinnings, if I can get the patterns for teh gowns. It will be a while before I begin the first of the dresses from A is for Annabelle, still looking forthe appropriate fabric for the pink dress on the cover of the book.
All for now- Enjoy the pics! Annabelle is standing with a Bespaq Louis XV embroidered armchair, and a OOAK prototype china cabinet behind her, also Bespaq.

No comments: