Thursday, March 17, 2011

Poppy Parker- Fun with Ribbon!



It has been so busy about here, but was experimenting with some ribbon the other day. I got the idea partially from the newest CDDC challenge, which is to make an outfit out of ribbon, and thought hmmm, that is so cool. I am addicted to ribbon myself, and usually buy it to decorate for parties, presents, etc. vs. buying alot of the plastic nylon stuff to decorate with. Shopping in Joann's, I found the most marvelous striped ribbon that reminded me a bit of Poppy Parker and her modish 60's style. The enitre dress is made of ribbon, the only trim is her daisys on the top of the bodice and her headband, also made of ribbon matching her straps.
I wish to make clear that though I am following the CDDC closely, I am doing the challenges on my own- I am not a contestant. Sewing for my dolls has been one of my goals in the new year, especially since acquiring my sweet French Fashion doll Annabelle, shown below.
I was also excited while at Joann's because I found the most wonderful pink checked gingham like material, only like silk/satin tha twill be perfect for Annabelle's dress as it looks in the book by Tasha Tudor. Right now all I have been able to finish on this is her negligee. I would love to have her in a lovely dress by Easter- so I had better step up to it!
Update on the 1:6 scale dollhouse- she is almost packed up and ready to move. The big deal was moving the furniture out of the dollhouse- I am hoping to bring that home today in my spare time. he furniture is so delicate and each has to be packed so it doesn't get damaged.  This will be my oppurtunity to get the kitchen floor redone- as I could not put my Sindy kitchen oven range that matched the sink and stove.
I hope you have enjoyed the pics of Poppy all ready for Easter!~Lisa

No comments: