Monday, September 30, 2024

2001 Happy Holidays Barbie

I purchased 2001 Happy Holidays Barbie for $10 at the show and looking at my doll purchasing records, as far as Barbie is concerned, it has been since April or May since I made any Barbie purchases! I keep a record of all doll purchases in a spiral notebook, and cross off my list the date, platform or where I bought the item and the price. This way I know how much I am spending on dolls per month , which I have cut back considerably since I have become more focused on my collection and space. 

In my opinion, this is a lovely doll and she is one of the lovelies of the early 2000's, before they started moving into cheaper fabrics and higher prices. I think this is when the price of the dolls began to move up..I can remember Christmas Barbies costing $25 and now they have moved from $39.99 to $45!! If you wait and purchase online you can still find the deal, but it takes patience and multiple selling platforms/ notifications. Her box is that rounded window box- the cheaper box, with no extras- no ornament, no cardboard photo card, no brush, etc. Just her stand and shoes. 



















 I am so glad I purchased the Gene Christmas tree last year as it has been a wonderful prop for taking photos with these dolls!! I am hoping to use it in a an all out wonderful photo I am planning for the 40th Christmas anniversary of Barbie in the coming years. Last year was year 35 which is why I am so ernestly collecting these beautiful dolls! It feels like a little bit of Christmas all year long. 

Cheers- Lisa 

No comments: