Tuesday, December 24, 2019

A larger scale....

So I completed one project that I have had on my bucket list for a long long time ...creating a turkey for my Patti Playpal clone doll. This doll is 35 inches high, so she is much larger than what I would call 1:3 scale doll scale. This is getting into mannequin doll/ real life food art at this point. 

I had to use full size plates and appetizer bowls / plates and platters for the food scene/ setup. The fork, spoons, and knife were Melissa  & Doug set from A.C. Moore that I purchased a while back with a coupon, which I am really glad I did- I just found out they are going out of business. I am sure you can purchase this set on Amazon or eBay. 

Now onto the pictures. 















I used three tubs of Model Magic air dry clay to make the turkey. The little platter was from the dollar tree long ago- I used to throw my keys on it and it struck me that this would be a perfect platter for the turkey on. 

I also made the mashed potatoes with Model Magic clay as well. 
The sliced turkey was made with it, and shaded with chalks, and paint just like the full size bird. It took a couple of days to dry, between shading with chalks and paints, then sealing with Modge Podge. The gravy on the mashed potatoes and turkey is t-shirt puffy paint. 

The peas and carrots , peppermint candy canes, and gingerbread men were all made with polymer clay. The small bowls are from Pier 1 imports and are the perfect size for the serving bowls of side dishes, they are little sample bowls . You can also find them just about anywhere- Target, Walmart, etc. that sells dishes. The little glass is a juice glass. I was hard pressed to find dishes and items in this doll size. 

I am going to be adding some pastries and other items to this dinner, so stay tuned, and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

It looks like your dolls are going to have a very good dinner! Great job putting it all together.

I'm very disappointed that A.C.Moore is going out of business. Michael's bought the local craft store chain here, then closed all the stores and turned it into an online only affair. The A.C. Moore store opened only a few years ago here, and now that it's closing, Michael's will be the only game in town. :(

Merry Christmas!

Lisa Neault said...

YeYe thank you Merry Christmas!

Barb I feel the same way about AC Moore. I fortunately have a Hobby Lobby near me, but Michaels is not what it used to be, they have really gone down hill as far as craft supplies go. AC Moore really had great clay and art supplies.