Thursday, April 5, 2018

My Vintage Playscale dollhouse find!

I went to one of my favorite thrift stores today, and found the most wonderful 'finds'- but I found this homemade wooden vintage Barbie playscale dollhouse. 

The whopping price tag said $19.75!  (Maybe that was the year it was made? Judging from the wallpaper....☺😃



It measures 35 inches high, 16 1/2 inches deep, and 48 1/2 inches wide. The doors are 12 inches high and 4 inches wide. Rooms are 13 1/2 inches high and 18 1/2 inches wide. It is large and roomy for Poppy and Barbie, so I think that is what /who it was meant for. 

Below is the interior rooms-


parlor


Gold dining room? Vintage fruit papered kitchen?


flowered papered bedroom


upstairs green hallway


fruit papered kitchen


plain walls, white in bedroom- only room
with no wallpaper



Attic on third floor







Now, with dolls. I could not decide if this house is to be for Poppy and Barbie and her friends- possibly Poppy and Ryan, or perhaps for the Ingalls family- OR for my Annabelle French Fashion doll and her sister, Marie Terese, my Alice Leverette UFDC french fashion dolls. Here are some photos. 

The house is so vintage and old fashioned looking, I am very tempted to make it their home, since they do not have a home. 




Poppy fits beside the doors and in the rooms, quite well. So do Barbie dolls.

Also, since these are slim bodied dolls, she doesn't look crowded. 








Though my french fashion dolls look slightly cramped, I think they would work OK in here. The flowered papered room could be Marie Terese' room and the larger white room could be Annabelle's with a little re-decorating. The hard part would be finding them beds and suitable furniture, to fit. I already have suitable kitchen furniture and dining room furniture as well as parlor furniture. I could always change this house over if I find a more suitable house for the dolls. I have been meaning to find Annabelle a beau for a long time. I will not be able to work on this house until weather clears up, and is warmer. 

Enjoy the photos, more to come on this soon! I may do some furniture placement to get some ideas. 
Lisa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations with this beautiful house, and for such a sweet price! I look forward to seeing the rooms with furniture, and to find out your decision on who are going to live in it :-).

Barb the Evil Genius said...

What a nice find! I'm pretty sure we had similar wallpaper in my childhood kitchen, over our cabinets, that looks like the wallpaper in your dollhouse kitchen. Those were interesting times! :)

Lisa Neault said...

Millicent and friends, I'm quite enthused with it. I did some furniture placement with it this morning. I may use it for a temporary abode for the french fashion dolls, since they are in sad need of a house. Poppy and Ryan can make do with the vintage country foldup townhouse for now. I would probably need to buy a whole new kitchen set for them if I did the place over for them. And I am really digging that vintage wallpaper and don't want to remove it! I really want to use my 1/6 Bespaq as much as possible too, with my crescent wood cookstove . I even have a cream seperator for the kitchen too.