Sunday, April 8, 2018

Furniture placement...

I did some furniture placement, to see how well and how much room Annabelle and Marie Terese would have. I had to go to the storage unit to pick up my iron cookstove for Annabelle. Her kitchen will be cramped. She also has a cream seperator that I cannot locate in my stash. 


Right now this is the kitchen with the handmade wood table and chair, I am missing the other chair! The cookstove looks well in this room but is cramped with the table and chair in there. With Annabelle in there cooking , it would be even more cramped. I wanted to put a shelf /cupboard in there for dishes, but I don't think it would fit. 



Here is a photo of my round Bespaq tea table in what would be the dining room. I would just need two chairs for it or three chairs and some pictures on the walls . I like the gold color of the wallpaper, a nice carpet underneath and it would be complete. It will be cramped with chairs in here if I use this house for the french fashion dolls. It is hard to believe these rooms are about 18 1/2 inches wide, and 16 1/2 inches deep. I think the problem is the ceilings are barely 14 inches high. They need to be taller. 

I have a nice fireplace that would go well in the parlor, by Jim Coates and would match the wallpaper.  I might have to purchase a Victorian style era settee or chair for this room and I do not have beds that are suitable for either doll. Luckily the bedrooms are nice and big to accomodate beds that will fit them. I have been looking on ebay and other places for vintage style beds. 

I have been thinking of naming this Pumpkin House in honor of the dolls' house from the book The Dolls Christmas by Tasha Tudor . In it, the dolls Sethany Ann and Nicey Melinda live in a huge dolls' house called Pumpkin House. The book was written and illustrated by Tasha Tudor and based on her own dollhouse she called Pumpkin House created by her mother and was considered magical, because of Cinderalla, and all things are magical when pumpkins are involved. 

I want to incorporate alot of unusual fairytale things with these two dolls that are reminiscent of Tasha's magical world. I have an artisan Finch bird that is in charge of our own 'Finch Express' mail with the dolls named Marigold, (named after the sparrow Marigold from Stuart Little) and a mouse I sculpted from clay that I also want to use as a very proper postal carrier. I haven't figured out a name for him but Sir Tom Thumb may be a good one. I will get photos of these two characters soon. 

I have been attempting to sew for Marie Terese but real life has got in the way so I may work on finishing her dress today and starting another one. I am not completely satisfied with it, hence the starting over again! lol. Annabelle is sadly lacking in the clothing department too. With projects I find it hard to settle down and finish when I am distracted as I like to remain focused, which is hard to do, and once I am interrupted, it is hard to pick back up. But that is the fun of working on doll projects, it is never ending. 




No comments: