Thursday, August 24, 2017

Dark Hollows Poppy Parker....

After many holdups, I was finally able to get my Dark Hollows Poppy Parker & my Smoke & Mirrors Lillith- they both arrived today. I have not yet deboxed Lillith, I want to de-box her and Eden together. Would you believe I have not yet deboxed Eden? She has been sitting in her box waiting for her sister to arrive all this time. 

Dark Hollows Poppy has arrived and she is everything in my gothic dreams. Dark Shadows was and is a cult classic soap opera from the late 60's, I was only 1 year old when it began airing on TV and by the time I became aware of it, my mother would not allow me to watch it because of the horror aspect. Most of the mothers on the block would get together and if the kids came home from school it was Batman, the Mickey Mouse club, or cartoons if you had your little friends over in the afternoons. Things were much more different in the 60's and 70's as far as what was thought good for children to 'watch' on TV. This show was targeted for teenagers back then and came on around 4 pm or 3 pm. I have to admit I have recently discovered it with the 50th anniversary and began watching clips of it on Youtube. 

Here are some of my photo shoots of Poppy stumbling about Collinwood...stay tuned for more!











It took me forever to get my photos to load up from my phone. Here are some of her in her box. I have to say Integrity has outdone themselves with their boxes this year on this line, Swinging in London. 





What I love the most about these boxes is that they look like an actual old-fashioned Telephone box, where in the old days you used to go into a telephone booth and make a phone call. I KNOW somewhere in my boxes of stash I have a payphone magnet but I just can't find it and I was going to make my registration Poppy's box into a telephone booth since hers was bigger. I am still sorting through my doll room and tons of stuff. In desperation I have looked on Ebay for one and even Etsy. They are hard to find. Hopefully I will come across it. 

Today I hope to take some fab photos of Poppy at the GOthic mansion, aka Collinwood, so the Gothic Mansion will be getting a makeover in time for Halloween. Stay tuned! Hopefully I can do some photos of Lillith and Eden together soon. 
~Lisa


3 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

She really captures that 60s Gothic vibe, all the way down to what look like Pilgrim shoes!

Lisa Neault said...

I agree! I think that is one reason I fell in love with her!

Muff said...

Retro chic! She does look like she stepped out of the 60's.
I remember when my mom wouldn't let me watch an episode of Maude. Not that I enjoyed the show in the first place, but being denied made me curious so I hid under her bed when it was time to come on. It was the birth control/abortion episode and nowadays, no one would blink an eye at seeing that on prime time. Times change.