Saturday, January 19, 2019

Vintage Finds...

It is a new year and I have written nothing about my new dolls. In December 2018 I attended an auction and had the chance to bid on a huge lot of Barbies with 2 cases, clothing and assorted dolls plus other items like vintage games and some other items; it was what we call in the auction estate sales as a table lot. I scored at $30 and have been sorting ever since. 

In the lot were Tuesday Taylors, a Kenner Dusty doll, some Mego Charlie's Angels dolls , a Dinah-Mite DOll with her clothing, and some wonderful Barbies and accessories and clothing. 

I found a Free Moving 1974 PJ, who I was able to get some help identifying and I cleaned up her hair and restored her ponytails. Though they are not as sleek as I would like, they are pretty. I found her tennis suit on ebay since it was not in the lot of clothing and finding her skirt is a little harder. 

There was also a very nice Malibu Ken, in good condition also. As well as a Francie, who had an issue with her foot. I cannot tell which Francie she is, still working on that but I decided to keep her and dress her. There were alot of Francie clothes in this lot. 

So here are my 'finds' all dressed up, and hanging out in my Town and Country foldup MOD dollhouse with my other vintage dolls. 

Here are Francie, dressed in Long in Leather, Free Moving PJ, and Malibu Ken. All are dressed in clothing from the estate lot. 



Free Moving PJ needed a spa treatment as her hair was a mess. Ken however, came exactly like he looks in the photo, all tan and dashing looking in his velour sweat pants outfit. 






My two Francies together. Malibu Francie I purchased at the doll show in November of last year nude, to complete my Malibu family to display with my country camper. Now I have Malibu Barbie, Ken, PJ, Skipper and Francie. I do not have the African American dolls in this Malibu set so I need to look for them to add them to display with my country camper . I am slowly looking things up in my reference books so I can figure out what dolls/ outfits I want to pursue collecting first and then go from there. 





Ken and Francie in the living room with my Walk Lively Barbie. One of my most treasured dolls from my childhood. She came with a stand that you moved /rolled across the surface and she 'walked' . I took very good care of her and rarely used the stand with her as a kid because I was afraid it would damage her legs. My mother I think impressed on me how much she cost and NOT to try to make her ride a HORSE! LOL. I had two Breyer horses my Grandfather had given me that resembled ponies and horses of the cabin down at the river he and my grandmother rented where I learned to ride from their landlord and I was always trying to make my dolls learn to ride the horses, hence, their legs were always breaking. I guess to this day that is why I love my articulated Fashion Royalty and poppy Parker dolls. 






In the kitchen...this is my favorite room of this particular dollhouse. I remember with my original house I spent hours making Barbie and PJ cook. I adored the table and chairs. I guess my frustration as a child is we didn't have REAL plates, forks knives and spoons, just paper renditions on the table and that was not good enough for me. My mother bought me teasets at the dime store for my dolls. I used acorns and a bunch of things that resembled food for my dolls until I got older and began making food for my dolls. Yes, the cookies and cake were made by me. lol. 

Skipper has been in my collection for a while now and so has Buffy. I love Buffy from Family Affair, it was one of my favorite shows. 

Hopefully I will have some more photos of more vintage for you soon. All for now. 
Lisa




4 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

What a nice group, in a great setting! I had the paper doll version of the yellow dress that Malibu Francie is wearing, and I always loved it. My sister had the Skipper version of the green, pink-flowered dress that Walk Lively Barbie is wearing. It can be easy to forget that there were some nice dolls and fashions from that era.

Treesa said...

The Francie doll you couldn't identify looks to me like a rebodied Busy Francie, which makes sense considering how fragile the Busy doll bodies were and how poorly they held up over time. I've heard stories about mint in box Busy dolls who had lost their limbs.
I actually have a Busy Francie in my own collection that had been rebodied before I bought her. I named her Bea, as in 'busy bee'.
Signed, Treesa

Unknown said...

So much fun! Thank you for sharing.

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you Barb. I've had that green dress for a long long time, ever since I was small. I think it is a Best Buy fashion, there is one for Skipper too, it was one of my favorite dresses for Barbie.
Treesa thank you for identifying Francie. She does not have the busy body which mystified me and I her body looked a little odd she is missing part of her foot. I think the little girl who had this huge lot of dolls and clothes was not that particular with her dolls and really played hard with them, one poor doll like malibu PJ had been rebodied onto a pale body and her hair was a mess. But This Francie was more lucky so I am going to keep her, she is really cute.
Thank you Romona! It is fun playing with vintage. As I sat there rearranging and playing with them, reminded me of how much fun I had when I was a kid playing with this house.