Friday, June 3, 2016

Project progress...

I made some progress on the project today. Though it took alot out of me. I really need to get back to my regime of exercise, this being sick for two months has taken alot of my strength out of me. It's for the birds! Sheesh. It's a day by day thing. 

I spray painted the interior shelves and interior of the front today and it turned out better than I expected. 






Yes it looks pretty rough right now. I used a rustoleum spray paint with a gloss finish to it. This color will really pop with the pink and the candies that will go on the shelves along with the cakes and other goodies. The black and cream floor will also be eye popping on it too. Looks aweful before it looks better ! At least with my projects it always does. 

More later when I get further along....

3 comments:

Farrah Lily said...

I really love the color!

Betty said...

It's always satisfying when something turns out better than expected. I recently took a travel trailer that I bought in Target for my Vogue Ginny dolls and spray painted it silver to look like an Airstream travel trailer. I wasn't sure it would work, but the paint job turned out fine.

Lisa Neault said...

Betty I would love to see that. I have seen that little travel trailer, and wanted to get it.

Farrah, wasn't sure the color would work, but when I started spraying I was so happy with it! I am going to use a pink as the accent color, and then reds, greens, yellows with gold. It will look like a true candy store when I'm done. Then when this is complete, onto Flourish and Botts.