I want to thank Billa who noninated me for the Liebster award in this tag game so I thought it would be fun to play on this post. The tag line of this award is to 'discover new blogs'. So let's have a look at the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you link back to their blog.
Give the readers eleven random facts about yourself.
Answer the eleven random questions from the person who nominated you.
Nominate eleven bloggers to receive this award.
Invent eleven questions for your nominees...
Ok...Eleven random facts about me....
1. I love to read, mostly history, biographys, historical fiction.
2. I love potato chips.
3. Pinterest is my digital hoarding board...
4. I hate, no despise football...
5. I like watching Lawrence Welk on Saturday night...lol
6. I love getting up early in the morning, I get more done.
7. I like long walks every morning.
8. I dislike fish.
9. I hate long car trips.
10. I don't own a Kindle and refuse to own one, I'm old fashioned like that.
11. I love tacos!
Ok, before the nominations, I'll answer Billa's questions-
1 Have you got a secret dream or wild project?
The only project that could be called 'wild' that is int he works is my Chateau project which is my 1:6 scale custom Marie Antoinette and Louis XVl dolls and the scenes I've been working on which is kind of on again, off again..
2- When has a project exceeded your wildest expectations?How?
I would say a couple of times it would have to be my LaBelle's boutique when I took a large cardboard packing box and turned it and a bunch of scraps and stripwood and wanted to challenge myself, on a budget that I could create something spectacular without having to use a fortune in ready made products like some artisans I know. And I did. It's reception on my flicker whenever I take pics of it is astonishing, the most I invested into that project was the spray paints needed for the textured siding/exterior. Another time, I took another large cardboard packing box and did the replica of Laura Ingalls' dugout home which I never finished but the exterior was wonderful. Both of these exceeded expectations.
3-Chocolate, white, dark, milk, or none at all? dark
4-If you could have dinner with 3 fictional characters, who would they be?
Hmm. Since I have been watching Poldark on Masterpiece theater, I would love having dinner with him, possibly the dowager Countess from Downtown Abbey & Marianne from Sense and Sensibility.
5-What's your all time favorite movie?
not fair, since I have a few. Gone with the Wind, Sense and Sensibility, Titanic, Lion in the Winter.
6. If you could choose a career other than your actual one, what would it be?
hmm. Probably a miniature set builder for movies.
7. What time period would you like to live in, other than the modern one?
Probably the Victorian era.
8.What is the most versatile tool in your arsenal?
my exacto knife
9. Winter person or summer person?
actually neither. But I will take summer.
10. What do you wish you could most organize properly?
My whole house. lol. Really? My doll room.
11. What do you do to find inspiration?
I read, flip through old magazines, look at Pinterest, or friends photos on Flicker, anything can be of inspiration to me, such as when I exercise or walk, or go antiquing, or just idly sketch. I think inspiration can depend alot on what drives the person too.
Now for the nominees!
4- Farrah Lily
9- Days of our Little Lives
10- One Sixth Avenue
Now, my questions for you!
1. What is your dream project you'd like to do?
2. Do you have a favorite sport?
3. Name your favorite top 3 movies you love & why...
4. What is the fartherest place you have ever traveled to?
5. What is your favorite season of the year?
6. What music do you like to listen to while working on a project?
7. Favorite time period you would like to travel back in time to?
8. Do you keep a journal?
9. Do you have a project that has gone beyond your wildest expectations?
10. What is your favorite tool to work with?
11. What do you do to find inspiration?
Now back tomorrow to regularly scheduled pictures of dolls and other 1:6 scaled projects!
Here is a little of the mindless antique wandering I did today...