Thursday, September 12, 2013

W Club Dracula & his Brides have arrived...

I know alot of people who collect Fashion Royalty, and they order dolls as soon as they are debuted. Feverish calls or emailing to dealers, looking for the best deal, to 'get the dolls' before they sell out. Most of the time, I have had to pass up on dolls, not that expensive, when they are debuted by the W Club because of lack of money...sometimes my budget just will not allow it. sigh. Such is the case when in 2011 Jason Wu unveiled his Count Dracula, and his Brides collection- as well as designing/collaborating with Ashton Drake to make the Countess, Lucy, and Mina as well as Acheron and Simi. 

I  have been looking for these dolls and saving and squirreling away my money when I hit on the idea maybe someone on the  WCLub forum would trade me dolls for some of my Bespaq furniture. And I hit the jackpot. I had only asked to trade for the Count, knowing I could get the brides I wanted from some dealers and/or collectors willing to sell them. This kind soul wished to trade me the Count, the Countess and Mina as well as the Ashton Drake Lucy and four of the blood chairs as he was interested in some 1:4 scale Bespaq furniture! 

Well...they arrived today and they are stunning! I had been working on a quick diorama for them to 'feel' at home. I intended it to look like a marbeled tomb but did not get to finish covering the foamboard walls on the ends with the contact paper. Dracula has settled into his signature Red Dragon chair and the brides are busily attending to his needs...Mina is serving a Bloody Mary she just caught, er, poured....













Today I am rushed so I cannot play and take as many photos I would wish...but enjoy the photos as it looks like Dracula and his harem have moved in!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: really like your collection. He seems Dracula. Very interesting. I like the chairs and furniture. Keep in touch

Unknown said...

I always follow your blog because I think that you have great talent for presenting things. Those small figures are placed in such a way that it displays some form of drama. Surreal!
- DollhouseJunction.com