Sunday, November 20, 2011

Challenges 7 & 8

I have been extremely busy, and was laggy this week on uploading or doing Challenge 7 on the Flicker group International Jetset Fashion Royalty group - I mean really busy so there was very little dolly time,. Challenge 7 was this-

Challenge week 7
You're cordially invited to: Mini golf exotique au Lavandou
Address: Avenue du Grand Jardin 83980 - Le Lavandou
Dress code: Casual golfing chique

I wasn't thrilled about this challenge, simply because I have been getting props together for the dolls' Christmas cards I do each year.,..so this was what I came up with. Cute little cheesecake, a little lame, but I did this on the fly.

Challenge 8- that was the best either. It was a 50's swimsuit type of theme, and what fiftie's swimsuits I had for the dolls were well packed away. so here is what I came up with for challenge 8-


You're cordially invited to: San Remo Riviéra del Ponente (Citta dei Fiori)
Address: La Plage (the beach)
Dress code: Fifties Hollywood Glamourous Beachwear

Not the most stellar diorama. Felt bad about it, but I had so many other events and things to do on my plate this weekend, perfecting the diorama pics was the last thing on my list. I am just beginning to attach the 1:6 scale dollhouse to decorate for Christmas, and have a couple of 'fun' card scenes I am going to be working on, including one for Thanksgiving. I have done one fun type of scene for Thanksgiving, but wish it to be more in depth, so that is in the works as well.
NEWS- A new doll has arrived- a handcarved Hitty I won on Ebay. I have had just a little bit of time to stain and paint her. I would like to make Hitty a dress, but there again, time is a factor as well. So hope to have alot of dolly stuff to post by Thanksgiving, since the dollhouses as well as the real house is being decorated!

Still working on adding the wreaths to the shutters!
~Lisa

No comments: