Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter!

                                                      Happy Easter!






These are photos of my Ivy Jordan / Gene Marshall Integrity doll that I just finished her Easter dress and hat today- on Easter! . Not bad for a first try at a Vogue vintage Pattern for Gene Marshall & friends. I had this amazing lavender cotton print that I knew would be perfect for Easter. 

The lower photo is of our dogwood and Japanese cherry tree, decorated with Easter eggs on ribbon. I have more eggs to hang, but had to decorate our Easter tree indoors as well. My mother did this years ago and I always remembered how wonderful it looked. The blossoms from the cherry tree have begun to fall, and it looks beautiful as they rain down with the pastel eggs swinging in the wind. 





We had Easter dinner, and it was wonderful- a pork roast, with broccoli slaw and ice tea, and water. I have cut back on the sweets this year except for our one exception- jellybeans which both my husband and I adore. I meant to make a cake today but just ran out of time. Maybe sometime this week. Sometimes it's more important to just enjoy the beautiful holiday and the lovely weather. 







Here is our Easter tree = complete with bunny ears! I even put them on Santa! He looks pretty nifty in them. lol. The eggs are from Oriental trading company and so is the curling ribbon- all with free shipping. I ordered 144 2 inch eggs and I still have some left. I have always wanted an Easter tree and I might do an even more elaborate one next year. It turned out so lovely. 


My two favorite bears in my old Easter basket I had as a child, lined with some different colored mohair 'grass' and eggs. 





The dolls on the table near the tree, dressed for Easter. I need to take some new photos as I found baskets for them and bigger chicks too. 



Some photos from the archives of past Easter holidays.....


More photos of Ivy-











More photos of the egg tree-







I hope you have a safe and Happy Easter!

No comments: